Sunday, June 26, 2005

Rah Rah Cis Boom Bah


I'm a cheerleader.

LOL no, I'm not still in high school. Shock of shockers, I was a brain in high school.

I write at a fanfiction loop. And my main personality, who's a tad like me on the surface, used to welcome every new character to the loop, cheers when other characters have good things happen in their roleplay life, and writes to tell people when I enjoy reading their posts. I've been known to pull out virtual poms poms in IM or in mail to encourage people.

Now I find myself on author loops. And I find, I'm not a lot different there. When people get reviews, they post their covers, they post a great excerpt for me to read...well, I write them. I cheer for them.

I'm more professional as my authorly self, I don't give out cookies nor do I go the pom pom route, but I have been known to Snoopy dance. Can't get away from that and who would want to? *grins*

So on some level, beyond high school life, I'm a cheerleader.

I know it probably annoys some people. I did worry a lot about it at first when I started being the author persona. But it's a facet of my personality, I'm finding that I like. I like congratulating people and cheering on their successes. I hope that it makes people smile, and if I can do that, well, I've had a good day too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

You do NOT annoy people! You are considerate enough to remember birthdays, anniversaries etc and all that. You send out cookies, but your cookies in those emails are not just cookies!

All love those cookies, they mean a lot more to me than that, and I know to others. They mean someone has read what they wrote, has noticed they are there and get this actually remembers them from day to day.

Now, wear the Cookie Galore monkier with pride, you earned it by being yourself, sweet, positive and well, yes, the snoopy dance is weird, but I mean, who don't love Snoopy? ACK! dog germs!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Mechele, authors need to cheer for each other. Don't feel strange about showing your natural, nice, supportive personality.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thank you both. Just worried a bit at first and then decided screw it, it's who I am. And I like doing it so will continue.

I wear my Cookie Galore moniker with lots of pride. *grins* really I do.

*snoopy dances off*

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful, generous way to be! Don't stop it! And share your own thrills so people can snoopy dance back at ya! :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

you said screw! OMG! *snickers* I did a six page scene dear.. woohooo..

10:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

*Gasp* she did say screw it!

(HUGS) You are my favorite cheerleader and I know it from your heart.

:-) Mel

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home