Sunday, July 17, 2005

Get into the groove

I have been working on the new novel, another vampire. It's been going pretty well. But yesterday, I got bummed that I'm not further along on it.

So last night when I got on my computer, I didn't sign into IM and email. I wrote 13 pages. For me, that's huge!! I'm so excited. Wrote seven more this morning between mid-morning and lunch and doing stuff for the kidlets. I now sit at a little over 70 pages. I'm psyched. *snoopy dances*

So I set a goal. By next Sunday, I want to sit at 100 pages. I think that will put me about half way through. I'd like to write at least five on the next project with my writing partner. I'll keep you updated on how its going.

May the muses be kind
Mechele

9 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

Nice goal. FOr me, it takes me longer to write a vampire story. I don't know why. I torture myself in trying to make it different from the last.

Good luck. If you make 100 pages, you are doing great!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I did 12 pages today, but edited about 80!! ack! Sheesh, that is a light edit, rereading and picking out errors in structure and WTF does that mean? he put what where? ack no no no type of editing. I am going to finish this freaky fairy tale and well, I am thinking Loose ID maybe for me too LOL. *crosses fingers*

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

13 pages is a fabulous day, Mechele!!! Feels good, doesn't it?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jaynie said...

Wow, that's amazing - go babe go *g*

It's amazing how much time we can waste on IM and email lol

10:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

You're rocking! *Grin" And remember my itty bitty whip is always here!

:-) Mels

12:57 AM  
Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Holy cow! Spread a little bit of that muse over here. =D

12:50 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Great progress, Mechele! Keep up the excellent work.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of the slowest writers in the history of literature, I am SERIOUSLY impressed.
YAY for you!!

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Mechele! Go! I have no doubt you will reach your goal! I am not only a slow writer whose Muse is on vacation, I am a citizen of the Procrastinator's Center of the Universe. I am upholding my PCU responsibilities by amoking in people's blogs. (hugs) Mo

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home