Friday, July 15, 2005

Happy Friday!

I think I have mentioned, I'm easily amused. Got excited to see Virginia Romance Writer's link to me, my name coming up on Google (I am a Google babe *g*), etc. Now, the other day I went to Loose Id's site to look at something. And swung by the page where they list authors/artists/editors/management. Saw my name and started bouncing in the chair! Said "Oh wow! My publisher has a link to me!"

So I click it. LOL and it leads nowhere. The link was wrong. It was a funny "I'm author, hear me roar!" moment quickly followed by an "Or not" moment.

Now I contacted Loose Id, and they already fixed it! I was quite happy they did it already, didn't take long at all. My hat is off to their webmistress for getting to it so quickly and efficiently.

So now I can go to Loose Id (www.loose-id.com) and click on my name to get to my website *beams*. Why yes, I have done that a few times now already.

When "Blood Kiss" is listed on the web site, I'm thinking I'm going to have to visit it a few times...a day. For a while at least.

I applied for and got my PRO status from RWA. It recognizes that you've completed a manuscript and queried a publisher or an agent or have been published by a non-RWA recognized publisher. I received a PRO pin. I'm excited about it. I know every little bit of information you can get to improve writing and make connections helps. Loose Id has been a godsend in that area. I've learned a lot from being there in the Loose Id community and the author community.

I read an advanced reading copy of "Christy's Ghost." Wow! It was an eerie, sensual read that had me turning pages until the end. It's being released soon from Loose Id. Check it out and look at that cover. Haunting *g*. http://www.loose-id.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=123


May the muses have Reeses
Mechele

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Links are fun. Googling yourself is fun. And obsessive. It's a great way to procrastinate!!!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

*Mel's getting her groove on* Mechele has gotten listed under the author page! How exciting! OMG I followed the link! How truly EXCITING! I'm so happy for you! (HUGS) for the pin too!

:-) Mels

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to see your name on a publisher's site? Yes, I google, yahoo, and msn myself on my lunch hour. It's pathetic, my coworkers say it's pathetic...what's a writer to do? Nice site, by the way.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Congratulations on the PRO status! Beware... Googling yourself is addictive! LOL

4:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I do that too, you know. I googled myself (smirks)it sounds a bit like selfgratification eww. LOL, no! It's cool! I am into my second book now, I still haven't gotten the nerve to actually submit the first one though, I have no idea if I wish to go paper or ebook. I am most confused. I am so happy for you missy! (hugs) And maybe I will get the courage soon... courage.. I am the Cowardly Lion. Perhaps if there is a chocy incentive.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

So exciting about your book and finding yourself on the web. Such a great feeling to be doing so well! Keep us posted on the release! =)

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh such an exciting time! Enjoy every minute!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Yay Erin! I'm glad the RSS stuff worked. D was great. It really was a funny moment though, the first click on it LOL.

Suzanne they are great for procrastination LOL.

*muah* Melissa. *whispers* Melissa is the mysterious writing partner I talk about.

Nancy, thank you!

Beth, I'm excited about it. And I know every little bit of knowledge helps.

Thanks JillNoelle! and yes, I'm very easily amused. LOL still can't believe I come up on Google.

Thanks Kelly. I will keep the blog updated on the new release, trust me. I'm so excited *snoopy dances*. The closer I get, the more excited I get.

Thanks Jill!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Jenn

*ahem* You need to submit! I will give you loads of chocy! Seriously, do it. You are such a talented writer. Keep working on the second one but go for the first one. I'll cheer you on.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Yes, I really am easily amused...9 comments on my blog (not including mine)!! The most ever. *snoopy dances*

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home