Thursday, August 11, 2005

Naked Barbies

Yes, we are back to naked Barbies. I had blogged about how my girls always have their Barbies and other plastic dolls naked.

So the other day I go up to play Barbies with them. They have about a dozen Barbies and Strawberry Shortcake dolls between them plus King Dominic (from Barbie's the Prince and the Pauper). Only two of them had on clothes and by clothes I mean anything on. One was wearing ballet tights and that's it.

Here's what made me laugh. All these naked dolls and A my Little Pony is DRESSED. I said, "Why are all the Barbies and Strawberry Shortcakes naked and the horse is dressed?" They said, "Well, she came with that." LOL like the Barbies didn't come with clothes.

Had...I won't say bad, but a couple of nonuplifting days. Didn't write anything at all yesterday, and that was odd for me lately. But....I am at 179 pages. 179 pages!! Realized last night (during the not writing), how very close I am. I know what's to come too, just have to get it out on the page. And have gotten general impressions back from both critique partners on the middle part I sent them and it's been favorable. One said I have definitely found my voice in this story and it's strong throughout. So that's been good.

May the muses have Reeses
Mechele

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Little Pony is modest and Barbie is.....NOT!!!! LOL. My daughter's Barbies are usually nekkid too!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

My daughter strips her dolls too. Weird. Good luck with the pages!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

LOl...kids say the darnest things! Anyone remember that old Cosby show where he spoke to kids? I loved that show.

*Cracking the itty bitty whip* & reading one of the hubby's new fishing hats... get'er done!

:-) Mels

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have bins of naked barbies ...

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home