Thursday, August 04, 2005

We now have babies!

The little ones have hatched. Three little baby birds. I love to see their heads bobbing up, mouths open. I'm still trying to figure out what they are. I may try and get a picture of Mom so I can do some research. *g*

I sympathize with the Momma bird. Each time I have tried to write today, the kidlets have either fought or decided "Mom, we need..." They have a sixth sense. Smart little girls didn't come down once when I was cleaning. LOL they might be detained into helping. But if I sit down at the laptop, it's like a magnet.

In honor of the baby birds, we made dirt pudding cups this morning. Pudding covered with oreo cookie crumbs and a gummy worm. That was fun.

I did meet the writing goal of the beginning of the week. Actually, Monday night I sat down with two pages to go to get there and I wrote 7! And *drum roll please* today I sit at 152 pages! I'm so excited.

It hit me last night as I approached the 150 page mark that on a 200 page book, that leaves just a quarter left to write. Course conversely I'm going, "only around 50 pages left, I have so many threads to tie up" and "around 50 pages left, how am I going to find scenes to fill it?" at the same time. No, I won't drag it out if it finishes in the 190's or cut it short if I go over. 200 is a general aim.

May the muses have gummy worms (and not real ones)
Mechele

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

*Curls nose at gummy worms*

Awww...baby birds! How cute!

(((((((((((((((Mechele))))))))))))))))))) No one is more excited for you meeting your goals than me! Well, maybe you. :-)

*Muah* Rock on girlie!

:-) Mel

5:58 PM  
Blogger FD said...

Aww, babies... congrats! Should we call you Grandma now? LOL

152? Great!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE babies! Especially ones that don't require diapers. Been there done that ...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congrats on meeting your writing goals...I have been 'stuck' for quite a while now and it is encouraging to hear that others are busily typing away. Of course, now my mind is filled with thoughts of pudding and oreo crumbs! Yum!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Jordan Summers said...

Congrats! You're almost finished. Yah!!! Love the gummy worms...the candy kind. ;-)

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby birds! Awww!!
Wishing you the best on finishing your book!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home