Monday, October 10, 2005

R&R in New Jersey--part 3 Signing, Dinner, & Home Again

After all the seminars were done, they had a book signing with tons of authors. It was open to the public.

Sherri's line was huge as usual. I bought her hardcover BAD title, Bad Attitude. If you don't know Sherri...check her out. http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com

I stopped to say hi to Terri Brisbin who I know from various loops. Bought Jenna Peterson's Scandalous. Jenna has done several question and answer sessions that I've taken part in. She's been very helpful on the topic of promotion, so had to go see her in person.

And of course, I bought a great newly released book by Mary Stella entitled Key of the Sea. I started reading it Sunday, and I'm loving it so far. Made me laugh outloud a couple of times already. LOL and my four year old likes her cover. I had gotten some bookmarks from Mary and had them tucked inside the book. The kidlet took them and had to show the book to Daddy. I think she likes the land crabs on it. Of course, she had to point out, "There are no pictures in this book." LOL. Check Mary and her cute cover out, http://www.mary-stella.com


As the signing wound down, Maureen and I passed by Christine Feehan's table. We talked to her for a few minutes. What a nice lady! We talked about covers and promotions. I gave her a buiness card in the course of talking. When we walked out of the room, I grabbed Maureen's arm and yelped, "I just gave a business card to Christine Feehan!" LOL little fandom moment there. Yes, I have fandom moments. The very first time I met Sherri, my hands were shaking.

For dinner, we went out with Sherri *grins*. Had a blast talking to her, Mary, Maureen, Janet (*muah*), Stacey, Gina, and a few others. Italian food and chatting with friends. It was a good night!

And yes, went back to the bathroom that was twice the size of mine, took a nice long bath and went to sleep in the King size bed. *dreamy sigh*

And on the trip home Sunday? I didn't get lost once! LOL I did get home to a locked house and no one home. And I had given a keyring to the DH before I left...with my house key on it. Good thing I had Mary's book to keep me company while I waited for the DH and kidlets to get home.

So that's my trip to the New Jersey RWA Chapter's Put Your Heart in a Book Conference. Had a great time. Came back feeling revived and jazzed. I scrapped my first chapter on the new work in progress (yes, with Rojo). Wrote roughly 8 new pages today and altered 3 pages from the old stuff I had written. I feel much better about this new beginning than I did about the other.

May the muses have keys
Mechele

8 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

Congrats on the new start! Story three is going to rock!

:-) Mel

11:37 AM  
Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I read each post from the conference! Sounds like it was a great time. Thanks for sharing! =D

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun signing!!! And yay on the new start!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun. You take care of yourself, girl, and keep penning those books!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Thanks for mentioning my book and website, Mechele. I hope you enjoy reading Key of Sea. I loved seeing you at the conference. Getting to spend some time together was a definite bonus!

I didn't know that you knew my friend Terri Brisbin! Small world.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences at the seminar. Good luck on the new start!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Brenda Bryce said...

Sounds like a great time had by all.

sigh. I wanna go too. Darned teens.

:) thanks for the details.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is soo cool Michele! I love hearing about the conferences, as I am pretty darn sure I will never go to one. Too shy, too scared to fly among other things LOL. But, if I ever do go, I hope you are there. It always helps to see a friendly face.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home