Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Why do I do it?

The DH rented some movies the other day.

Now he saw this werewolf horror movie, Ginger Snaps, on TV late one night and was intrigued enough to want to rent it. He doesn't usually like horror movies, but this one held his interest. He and I watched some of Ginger Snaps Back, which had the same actresses, but was a historical movie (I don't know, we didn't see the beginning). At the video store, he grabbed the wrong one, Ginger Snaps 2 Unleashed.

We watched it last night while we were waiting for the girls to go down so we could look at all their presents and make sure we had everything we needed.

Now I love horror movies. On Mary Stella's blog I listed movies I could watch over and over. Two of them are horror. I grew up on a steady diet of reading Stephen King.

BUT LOL they give me bad dreams and keep me spooked.

To this day, I leave the closet doors open because of a story I read by Stephen King. My DH hates this. I don't care, I must be sure there is no boogeyman in there.

Ginger Snaps 2 was one creepy flick. Even the DH said so. I spent some of the movie with my hands over my mouth and eyes, body ready to spring off the couch.

I told him when he came to bed, he might want to announce himself. *blinks* He asked about growling. I told him unless he wanted things pitched at him, he probably shouldn't.

May the muses have big sticks after watching scary movies
Mechele

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I do the same thing you know, with the closet. Same reason as you do. I too am a Stephen fan. I will watch certain horror movies, but none that involve that horrid little ring girl; zombies ew; or spiders. I love the King books much better.
For me they are quieter, less of the distraction from the weird creep of freakiness that he specializes in.
Stephen is was and forevermore shall be THE KING!

Merry Scary Christmas Snoopy Dancer! (hugs)

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also grew up on a great diet of horror movies. Loved 'em.

But living alone and the wisdom and experience of age have taught me to know better, lol!

Watch that closet...

2:39 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

LOL Jenn, I am glad to know it's not just me. And Merry Scary Chocy Christmas to you. Hugs right back at you.

LOL Raine, if I lived alone...nuh uh. I wouldn't be watching them. It's bad enough with three other people in the house.

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Ginger Snaps, but it sounds like one to rent.

Don't feel bad, Mechele; I could hardly sleep for days after reading The Shining. I love good horror stories, and imagine the test of the best could well be determined by how long it takes the reader to get to sleep afterward!

Hey, if you still like the genre, I'd suggest The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, and Julia by Peter Straub if you've not read them already.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home