Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rainbow Days

I have a signed, framed Lynn Johnston For Better or For Worse strip hanging on my kitchen wall. It has Elizabeth and her Mom talking about a friend of Elly’s who’s dying. And every time she talks to them, she laughs but then cries after she hangs up. Elizabeth says that’s it a Rainbow Day because she laughed and cried.

Last week was one of those weeks.

My youngest, who’s four, fell and has a buckle fracture in her wrist. She’s now sporting a very bright yellow cast. Aside from scaring the heebejeebies out of me with falling, the cast is very frustrating for my active little girl. It’s already driving her batty. And we have at least two and a half weeks to go.

So there were some gray days as we adjust to the fracture aftermath, or at least, attempt to.

But…the week was framed. Saturday before last, I received some great news about release dates. Mine are being pushed up, you’ll see Conduit and Crimson’s Rose sooner than I thought. There was another interesting event that day that I’m not ready to share yet LOL. But it was definitely the sun before the clouds came in.

On Saturday, the last day of my hectic week, I got a wonderful review for Blood Kiss. Here’s what Klarissa had to say: Wow! A Blood Kiss was great! I enjoyed everything about this paranormal tale. Ms. Armstrong creates a fantastic story that kept me glued to page after page of this hot read. The characters and setting pulled me right in. Ms. Armstrong knows how to tap into the emotions of her characters, making them believable. Her vivid imagination allows Nick and Sarah’s world to come alive with deception and suspense. Nick and Sarah burn up the sheets, and I found that I was absorbed and excited by how their relationship progressed. I was emotionally invested in Nick and Sarah. I even felt bad for the villain once I found out about his past. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Armstrong. I highly recommend Blood Kiss! http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/BloodKiss.html


It literally made me teary because I thought I was done with reviews for Blood Kiss, so it was a surprise, and she “got” my book.


I also had sent some Melany writing to a friend to read. Sunday morning when I got up, there was an excited IM from her. She had lost track of time reading! She loved the storyline. I bounced to hear that because her opinion matters a lot to me.

So I had a rainbow week last week.

May the muses have rainbows
Mechele

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) congrats on the review and the enthusaism on the next Melany WIP. LOL and I would keep your daughter away from the olympics. Mine is still attempting to duplicate Sasha Cohen's short program. Thankfully the Airel(sp)Jumping is not drawing her attention.

9:09 PM  
Blogger FeyRhi said...

**Big Hugs** for both you and your little one. And a big WooHoo! on your release dates being pushed up.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great review, Mechele! And congrats on the new release dates.

And {{{hugs}}} for the little one. That's gotta be very frustrating.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Brenda Bryce said...

Yikes.
Time to learn a new past time for the broken winged one. Don't want boredom to set in, so visits to the local library, looking up interresting facts online and little things to distract are in order.

Kudos on the review and the release dates, that's always wonderful.

Sounds like you have had a rollercoaster ride of a week. I think it's been that way for a lot of people, but it should even out. I think it's the short month, driving everyone slightly insane. Or majorly insane. :) Take it easy as the song says.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Congrats on the good news and hugs for the daughter's fractured wrist!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home