Saturday, May 27, 2006

My heroes have always been quirky

(Blogger posted my last post twice. I'm not sure why it felt it needed to be repeated LOL but it's down to one now)

Squawk Radio has an interesting blog post on heroes. http://squawkradio.blogspot.com/ It's from Thursday, May 25th. It's about the not so macho hero.

I have to confess, I love heroes who are masculine, but not macho. I think it all started way back with A Wrinkle in Time and Calvin O'Keefe. Oh yeah, I had a crush on him. I love Daniel Jackson from Stargate SG-1. Brainy with a big heart, and an innner stregth. Yes, I even like Ron from Kim Possible. Forget Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Carribean, it was Johnny Depp who made my heart go pitter pat. And yes, a part of me really respects Depp for his roles because they aren't always macho or Alpha, and it takes great talent to pull them off.

I enjoy Alphas sometimes, don't get me wrong. In Kinley MacGregor's, Master of Desire, I mean who doesn't fall in love with Draven? But I fell for Simon at the same time *dreamy sigh*. I hurrahed when he got his own novella and read it several times.

So are there any non-macho heroes who have you at hello?

May the muses have heroes
Mechele

5 Comments:

Blogger FeyRhi said...

Bill Pullman in "While You Were Sleeping". *G* Oh and my very favourite, Colin Firth in "Bridget Jones' Diary" *SighG*

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depp also works for me.
Any time, any day. ;-)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

Johnny is mine, Cookie, don't make me kill you. Wait.. HNH (half nekkie Hugh) he's hawt, I will let you keep Johnny.
I agree, quirky, weird, insane. I love my hero to be less of a macho man and more of a ..well, just a dude. He's funny, sweet, or goofy, some sort of weakness is there. But, he's also smart as all get out. I like me a nerd.. so much so that I married one.. or is he a geek? Anyhoo, Nerdlovers unite!!
Woohooo

7:03 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Ohhhhhhh Bill Pullman! He's one of my favorite heroes. Good one Feyrhi. I've not seen "Bridget Jones' Diary.

LOL Raine, don't he just?

Saved from the wrath of Jenna by HNH...whew.

And yeah, I loves me a nerd, too Jenna. Nerdlovers unite!

12:25 PM  
Blogger FeyRhi said...

You have to see that movie Michele!! It is sweet and funny and is so easy to relate to no matter what your marital status us.

While I was away I though of a perfect non-macho quirky character. it is from a movie that came out decades ago. Steve Guttenburg in "Don't tell her it's me.". I can't believe I forgot about that movie. I was day dreaming and his character suddenly popped in my head. I wonder if it was ever released on DVD? That one is a must see for die hard romantics. hmmm I may do a bit of a blog about tomorrow LOL

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home