Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Days are here again


So Wednesday wasn't a very nice day with the *cough* Murphy coming to visit. It took out my "free" writing time where the house was quiet.

But it started pepping up by that evening. My cowritten author ego has sold a Quickie to Ellora's Cave. I got the contract back from them in the mail on Wednesday. Somehow once I hold that contract with both signatures on it, it really does feel real. Like it's official, and it can't be taken away. Probably one reason I sometimes wait to have the contract back before I officially announce things.

Then Thursday night, was feeling a tiny bit bummed, I had something in the works but hadn't heard back from powers that be. Thursday night...I did and in a big way!! I'm not sharing yet, but I'll give you a clue...see above about holding contracts in hand *grins*.

Then, last night, I received three reviews, 2 for Crimson's Rose and one for Conduit. OMG, *snoopy dances around*.

These are my first Ecataromance reviews so that was a thrill in itself. I frequent there, so always nice.

Blood Lines: Conduit received 4 1/2 stars!! This book is full of action and hot love scenes. Revenge motivates Crimson's kidnappers. Can Bastian and Copper find Crimson before she is killed by the vampires who captured her? Can a vampire and a Conduit find happiness together? For the answers to these questions, pick up this book. The reader will not be disappointed. I am looking forward to the next book in this series. --Candy--Read the whole review


4 1/2 stars for Crimson's Rose!! Mechele Armstrong weaves a story that will capture the reader on the first page. --Candy--Read the whole review

Thank you so much Ecataromance and Candy!

And...

Crimson's Rose got five angels and a Recommended Read at Fallen Angel Reviews!! May I say I love Tammy? She "gets" my books and I love that. She said "Mechele Armstrong has done a fantastic job of bringing this story and its rich, in-depth characters to life to the point that you don’t want the book to end. Sensuality and passion radiate throughout this entire book, drawing you in and never letting go. Crimson’s Rose is definitely a book you will want to add to your keeper file." Read the whole review.

She mentioned my book and keeper in the same sentence!

The other thing that excites me is even only writing a sentence Wednesday, I wrote *blinks* over 10 thousand words this week. I wrote the first three chapters to the next Blood Lines Novel. I now need to buckle down and finish two of the partials I've started (Nathan & Henri and Magical Chances). I'm never going to be a hugely fast writer, but it feels nice to see words counts going up.

Blood Lines: Night's Journey

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
10,600 / 60,000
(17.7%)

May the muses have Murphy to compare good times to

Mechele

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wow! Tons and tons of great news ~ those are some seriously excellent reviews. Great job and thanks for sharing, I really enjoy reading about all your successses.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the contract with EC and all the other great news! Whoa, what wonderful reviews!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thanks Karen and Desiree. I'm so excited. I'm doing something I love, and not doing too badly at it.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

CONGRATS MECHELE!! WHOOT!

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home