Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back to one kitty

I feel like crud. But we ended up having to return the new kitty. The kids made her very nervous. She was spending more time under the bed than the dust bunnies. And I was spending more and more time coaxing her out. The health issue involved me doing something to her she didn't like, not a good way to endear me to her and wasn't getting better.

We decided for her sake, she needed a quieter home where she wouldn't be so nervous. My house just isn't that quiet. Arwen adjusted to that rather quickly and just gives us the kitty death glare when we get too loud. She deals with the kids rather well with warning taps (no claws) and moving away, but not hiding all the time, which this cat was doing.

I feel badly but at least she has a chance to find a nice quiet house where she can be happier. I don't think we made her happy. We wanted more from her than she could give, and she just wanted some quiet.

*sigh*

The kids have been informaed not to ask for a second cat for a long long time.

I will hopefully have some really really good news, something very pretty to share SOON.

May the muses have kitty death glares
Mechele

2 Comments:

Blogger FeyRhi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty but you did the right thing. Better now then months down the road when it would have been much harder for everyone including the kitten.
Can't wait to hear your good news!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thanks Feyfhi. I know in my heart, it was best for the kitty. But I feel like I made a committment and didn't keep it.

She wasn't a kitten, but was close to it, about 9 months old. So she's got a good shot at getting adopted. Plus, she's with a no kill organization.

I learned a lot too. Look at health. Look closely at personality. We need an older kitty who's a bit outgoing. We will probably get a second kitty eventually. But not for a little while.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home