Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Excitement and a CATastrophe

First of all, it took two bookstores today but guess what I have in my hot lil hands?

Robin Schone's Scandalous Lovers!!

Her first new book in like 4 years. I read the first chapter and am liking it so far.
I also picked up Lora Leigh's Megan's Mark. She's the first author I read from Ellora's Cave and one of the first I'd heard of who wrote for there. Did I mention *cough* she liked Dinah's Dark Desire? Talk about a fangirl sqee when I found that. Yes, I sometimes still Google it to make it come up *G*.

Now the CATastrophe. Behind the kitchen table is a table of plants aka the jungle. The cat has taken to getting on the kitchen table to be with me when I write. She's expressed interest in the plants as they are right by the windows and bird and squirrels come on the deck. I thought I had pulled the kitchen table enough away from the plant table that would end. Nope.

She balanced precariously in the big pot to a plant. She lost her balance and fell, taking the pot down with her before I could come rescue her. Luckily the pot didn't fall on her. But dirt and rocks spread around the kitchen. And worst of all, she got a good coating of potting soil. I brushed and rubbed quite a bit of it out but she still felt gritty. I somehow didn't think I'd survive giving the cat a bath. LOL I like to live. I went and got kitty wipes from the pet store. She wasn't thrilled about it, but her fur is no longer gritty.

May the muses have good reads
Mechele

6 Comments:

Blogger FeyRhi said...

aaaaahhhhhh poor puddy tat.
you know I have never heard of kitty wipes LOL Good cal on deciding not to bath the kitty especially if she had her claws. *ouch*

I'm glad to hear that both cat and dirt didn't get all over your WIP!

Oh and of course Lora Leigh would like Diana's story; it's an awesome one!

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually had to bathe a cat, Mechele--several times. :-O

He actually tolerated it quite well...but only if I did it in the shower and got in with him, lol!

Glad all are well and de-gritted.
:-)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

I knew doggy wipes existed from the dog who HATED baths and also got ear infections whenever she had one. LOL so suspected kitty wipes must.

(((feyrhi))) thank you. I'm beaming!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

*gasps* and you are alive! Without puncture wounds. You are one brave woman, Raine.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Hi Mechele,
Just stopping by to say hello. I haven't heard of doggy or kitty wipes. Our little dogs hates having a bath, but she will insist on rolling on her smelly bones!
I'm glad your cat is none the worse for her experience!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Hey Shelly. Silly doggie rolling around on smelly stuff *shakes head*. Luckily my dog was fairly prissy about dirt so she didn't need a bath that often. I hope the cat doesn't need one often either. LOL.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home