Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A hodgepodge--on writing, life, reviews

Life has been kicking my patootie lately. But, things are looking up. I'm going to EPICon this weekend (come hell or high water). Should be fun and hopefully inspiring.

The dog has finally left the kitchen occasionally. She's slowly settling in. The cat seems to be adjusting to the pooch, though, it's pretty evident, the cat can approach the dog whenever she likes, but heaven forbid the dog approach diva kitty.

Writing is going pretty well. The Rivals has progressed to 40 K. I'm now in that lovely state of "Oh, my goodness I have about 20 K left" worrying about the story going that far, while alternately going, "Oh, my goodness, I only have 20 K left, and there's still this and this and this..."

Edit just went back on Blood Lines: Currents. Very happy about that.

I have a pretty to share on Blood Lines: Night's Journey, that I will post as soon as I can. Because it's gorgeous.

Have gotten a host of good reviews that I just gotta share:

Frost from Two Lips Reviews gave Solstice Spell 5 lips, saying, "Solstice Spell is an endearing romantic paranormal tale with an intriguing new twist. It combines elements of magic and shape-shifting with fascinating characters" and "Mechele Armstrong pens another winner in Solstice Spell." Hee heee!

Tara Renee from Two Lips Reviews gave me a surprise review for an older book. She reviewed Dinah's Dark Desire and gave it five lips! She thrilled me by saying, "Dinah’s Dark Desire inspired me to read any work by Mechele Armstrong I could find. She has a talent for writing powerful emotions and wonderful characters."

Candy of Ecataromance gave Solstice Spell 4 1/2 stars. She also reviewed Dinah's Christmas Desire and gave it 5 stars. She said, "Mechele Armstrong returns to the characters she introduced in the story Dinah’s Dark Desire. This short story is filled with sex scenes hot enough to sizzle. Ian’s surprise Christmas presents are a naughty delight that every reader will appreciate. This is a delicious story. I was sorry to reach the last page of this book. I wanted more!" Had to do a dance on both of those reviews.

The latest issue of RT magazine features The Collector 1: Magical Chances in both an ad and for review. *grins* 4 stars!! Faith V. Smith said, "Armstrong puts together an impressive bunch of characters. There's a magician who really does magic, a kick-butt heroine with a heart of gold and a mysterious collector who sets events into play in this hot, suspenseful novel." Yep, when it hits stands there will be a shortage where I live.


Loose Id has had big news. Romance Writer's of America (RWA) recognized them. It's a pretty impressive step for them and the authors who are or will be members of RWA who write for them. They also have expanded to four releases a week and are planning a new print release every month.


That's all I can think of for right now...


May the muses have RT shortages
Mechele

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Wow! congrats on all the excellent reviews.

I was really pleased to hear about Loose ID being RWA approved. I think it's great!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thank Shelly. I'm very excited about the reviews. And Loose Id as well.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all that great stuff! Congratulations!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home