Monday, May 14, 2007

This and that

Why do I get such an unnerved feeling following behind a truck transporting live chickens? Especially when it gets off at the exit where I know there's a chicken processing plant. Maybe it has to do with the 13 chicks we've been going to visit at the kid's school. Might be a few days before I eat fried chicken again.

The kids and I watched Flicka this weekend. Awesome movie. I really enjoyed it. Tim McGraw did a great job as the dad. He's usually hit or miss for me with his music. Some songs I really like and others I change the station when they come on.

I liked the story focused on the girl's relationship with her family and with her horse, Flicka. They didn't try and add in a romance for her but kept true to the spirit of what I remember of the book. Course the main character in the book was a boy, but I think the flavor of the book was in the movie.

The oldest is reading Bridge to Teribithea right now. She says I need to read it. As I've been bored with everything I've picked up to read lately, I might just do that.

My muse has been lurking but she's tying to come out and visit. A new story. We'll see how it goes.

May the muses have muses
Mechele

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Bridge to Terebithia as a child and now too!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home