Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things that make Mechele laugh



1. The hubby came home a few weeks ago and said, "(My coworker) got a crown today."

My youngest looked over and said, "Oh, what was it, his birthday or something?"

2. This video from YouTube. It's so my house.


3.
Jill Shalvis's blog. LOL reminds me of me sometimes.

4. My youngest giggling. She can make me laugh with her anytime she wants. Probably how she avoids getting out of trouble.

5. My oldest living in the world of Animorphs and Droon. She knows they aren't real worlds but wants to tell everyone about them and mentions them at any opportunity. Trying to sum up 30 odd books (each series is about that many) in a minute to explain to those who haven't read them isn't easy.

6. For Better or For Worse, FoxTrot and Baby Blues. FBOFW, especially the early strips when Michael and Elizabeth were tiny.

7. Janet Evanovich. Some of the things that Stephanie Plum does make me laugh outloud. Very few books do that. Thefirst book I read where there's a shower scene, I knew I'd found an author I could enjoy.

8. Lines from movies. The kids and I do our favorite lines from the movies we've watched. People look at us like we're strange when we crack up.


"If I were my real size, your cow here would die of fright."

Chomp

"Down Bessie."

(from Mulan)

9. My husband walking around saying, "There's too much estrogen in this house." Even the pets are girls. And all I can think is, "Just wait." Teenagerdom hasn't hit yet LOL.

10. Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. His humor is so spot on and spontaneous. He gets bitten by snakes and sharks and spit on by goats. And never misses a beat with the wit.

11. My cat. She's such a Diva kitty. But like the other day, she hopped up in my lap and fell off. She sauntered away like, "I meant to do that."

12. My sisters. We get together and laugh the whole time. The middle sister picks on the oldest. And I get invited to their houses by the other. Heh heh, I remind them I'm the youngest a bit, too.

13. Julie Collins from Blood Ties and On Hallowed Ground by Lori Armstrong. She's another one with the wit. I guess I really like a smart aleck.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 Comments:

Blogger LA Day said...

#9 sounds like my husband. I have a daughter and two female dogs. He complains but secretly he loves being surrounded by all females!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think all our husbands should get together! Mine is the lone male as well. He and my dad get along really well because my dad was in the same boat. Gotta love them. :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger N.J.Walters said...

LOLOL Love #1.

Janet Evanovich is one of the few writers who always makes me laugh out loud every time I read one of her books.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Great list. Oh, just wait. My daughter is 19 and we still call her drama teen.

Happy TT!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirty jobs cracks me and the kids up.

Stephie Plum is a pisser.

DH hates it when I laugh outloud when reading a book. He wants to know the joke but he'd never get it.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home