Saturday, September 29, 2007

Banned Books week Sept 29-Oct 6th

I'm a big believer in literary freedom. So this whole week, I going to take time as I can to post on Banned Books week. You can find out more here.

Top Ten Challenged Authors 1990 to 2004 (from the ALA website)

1. Alvin Schwartz

2. Judy Blume

3. Robert Cormier

4. J.K. Rowling

5. Michael Willhoite

6. Katherine Paterson

7. Stephen King

8. Maya Angelou

9. R.L. Stine

10. John Steinbeck



Read a banned book today!

May the muses have free reading
Mechele

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

JK Rowling? Pfth, people need to get a life. She's one of the authors responsible for the upshot in young readership. (I of course am one of her younger readers *snorts*)

Maya Angelou? Still banned? Oh piffle!

RL Stine--Never read any of them, but can't see why it's banned. Anne Rice's Interview With a Vamp was in my high school library, so why not RL?

The Kang? OMG, say it ain't so.

Why in the heyall did they ban Judy Blume? I loved her when I was young. She was my favorite ever. Fudge.. wasn't that the little girl's name? It doesn't matter. I do remember that the little girl was just so, unperfect, you know? I mean, she wasn't blonde blue eyed, thin and uber-pretty. GRRR! I am angry now!


Banning books leashes imagination of readers both young and old. Censorship is wrong and unnecessary. If readers don't buy it, then publishers won't publish it and authors will stop writing it.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home