Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A tukey induced coma

Yes, Thanksgiving was fun. Ate too much and spent lots of time with family.

Got to see the Mist, based on a Stephen King novella. Loved it up until the last two minutes. The movie really follows the book's story. The additions make sense in the spirit of the story. Up until the last two minutes. I liked the hero and the secondary characters. The effects were great. If only they hadn't changed the book ending *sigh*.

It looks like Christmas threw up in my living room. LOL. We pulled down the mountain of Christmas stuff but I'm still working on decking the halls. The tree is up and beautiful. I love going through the ornaments. So many are special.

The dog said the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer puppets that got left out were quite yummy.

We are still working to declutter the house. I'm going to go through the Christmas stuff with a discerning eye. We just have too much "stuff." We pulled boxes out the attic and got rid of a lot of things. If we haven't needed it in the eight years since it went up there...

I'm also thinking a lot about my career and where I want to go as this year ends. The last two years have been phenomenal ones. And I hope the next years will be just as good. I want to declutter my writing life as well. I have a few projects that have been put on the back burner due to time constraints. I really want to pull them out next year and work on them. It's time.

NaNo is a no go. :( I'm dispapointed with that. Have written 26500 on my NaNo project, a new Settler's Mine story. I hope to hit 30 on it by the weekend so will be about 20 K shy of 50.

However, Sven is going well. I've written about 58 K total for Seventy Days of Sweat. Turned two new projects into my editor *crosses finger and scrunches up face in prayer*. Hope to have a partial on Settler's Mine into the editor soon.

May the muses get rid of clutter
Mechele

2 Comments:

Blogger FeyRhi said...

I'm with you on NaNo this year, I am currently just over 31 and there is no way I'm going to get 18+ thousand words done in two days.

But the good news is the story Idea I'm working on is a good one so I'll just keep chugging away on it. *G*

Good luck with your future projects I know you'll have an awesome year

6:57 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

feyrhi, I'm kind of sad that I didn't make it. But I'm glad I'm doing Sven and that's going well. And I've written almost every day since it started which is awesome for me. And *crosses fingers* Let's hope so. And I hope you're going to have an awesome year, too.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home