Sunday, January 18, 2009

The good, the bad, no ugly

Whew. I'm catching my breath.

The Bad:

Uncle's funeral home stuff and the funeral.

The hotel at MarsCon lost my reservation :(. They were full and the other Con hotel was a few blocks away. As we were late in the weekend anyway, we decided to just go home after my author reading. As we came to the hotel straight from the funeral...a real capper to a crappy week.

The cold. It's been icy around here. I like cold but a balmy 13 degree walk to the bus stop on Friday wasn't fun. However, though it's cold for here, it's not as cold as in the Midwest. I read my bud, Melissa Lopez, is dealing with frozen pipes.


The Good:

What I did get to attend at MarsCon was very fun. I hope to go back next year and attend more. Under the circumstances, it couldn't be helped but I was really disappointed I had to miss Friday and most of Saturday.

Luna-C did all the Harry Potter books in 45 minutes. I loved it.

The hubby and I hung out with Pamela Kinney/Sapphire Phelan, her hubby, their friend, Mark (book trailer creator extraordinaire), Stephanie Burke (aka Flashy Cat) and her hubby.

Did the Social Media panel with Helen Madden, Stephanie, Pam, Beth Wylde, and Kat Lively. Was interesting to talk about all the forms and how to use them.

Saw Coyote Run play and wound up buying a CD. Their Celtic tunes were really good. And the wealth of instruments they play was impressive!

Did my author reading from Settler's Mine: The Rivals. That went very well. Pam, Stephanie, and Beth each read from their works as well. Kat read from a Leigh Ellwood (I think) story. And Helen stole the show with her humorous short story about a Merman.

The drive home was late but uneventful. Now, we are debating whether or not, we'll see snow LOL.

Here's to the start of a new week. Hopefully I will accomplish some productive writing this week.

Mechele

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the quote about our show. Glad you enjoyed our rendition of Harry Potter live in 45. you can catch it again at Farpoint and Ravencon in the next couple of months.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Hey Rick! I really did enjoy it. And...while I can't go to Ravencon :( this year, the hubby is thinking about taking the oldest, especially to see your group. She would absolutely love the show. I'm hoping they do get to go.

Thanks for stopping by.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home