Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday blah blah

Amazon is definitely the talk of the 'net. Yes, at least three of my print books are affected. They are saying, "glitch." I wrote to Amazon and would encourage everyone to do the same thing. If it is policy, let them know how you feel about it.

I posted at Ladies of the Club, Glitch or not, it's troubling.

I'm working on the next Blood Lines. Characters are very loud. A good thing. I'm almost done with the first chapter. I think this one is going to be more thrilleresque, more like Blood Kiss and Conduit.

Has anyone read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card? I'm going to read it and am contemplating letting the oldest read it. I think in some ways, she's getting bored with "children's" books. I wish I could remember when I started on more adult books...

I'm reading Snow Blind by Lori G. Armstrong. I had been putting it off because I know it's the last Julie Collins novel *sniffle*. I'm loving it. Julie is much the same, yet she's grown through the novels, too. I can't wait for her new mystery series!

Did I mention who I'm sitting by at the Giant Book Fair at RT? Yes, Lori G. Armstrong. *squeee* LOL I'm wondering if I can somehow slide all four books in for her to sign.

May the muses have lunch
Mechele

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HUGS, Hope Amazon gets their act together.
I started reading agatha christie and sherlock holmes around 10 years old.

I haven't read OSC yet but its sounds great. I'm reading The Rangers Apprentice Series. Which is over 12 yrs.

Have you checked out Avalon-Web of Magic? Or Jennifer Scales series? And The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel series? LOL I could go on and on.

Jimmy liked, still likes, the Pendragon series.

and there's Percy Jackson and the Olympians (8-12)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

I hadn't thought about Agatha Christie! Will have to check that out.

She's read Avalon Web of Magic. But will defintely have to check out Jennifer Scales (hadn't thought about her) and Nicholas Flammel (that sounds right up her alley). And Pendragon.

Thank you and keep them coming. I really want to keep her fired up about reading so I'm always on the look out for a good book.

She's on that cusp I think between children's books and young adult.

BTW I stared OSC and it is pretty good. I like the setup.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home