Friday, July 02, 2010

Friday Five

1. Got some bad writing news this week. *sigh* a partial rejection. I'm rolling with it and revising to offset it but it's still *sigh* making me sniffly. Nevertheless, shouldering on. Can't decide what to work on next, geeks or dragons...

2. I'm Savannah bound next Friday. Will be gone from Friday to Monday. Going with a bunch of little Junior Girl Scouts. Should be interesting. I can't wait. Still have a lot to do to get ready!

3. Read Dragon Slippers as my June book club read with oldest. Pretty good but liked Dragonsdale better. Read Stalking Susan by Julie Kramer (you may remember my win of the Mystery Chix and Private Dix giveaway at RT, this was one of the books and the author who drew my name). I loved it. Really good. I need to find the sequel ASAP. The main character, Riley is an enticing mix of vulnerable and tough. Love she's a news person. Definitely a different twist.

4. My first week of summer break was not all that great. Ear infections, broken little toe, things that can't be discussed, dog upchucking 9 times, rejections, child upchucking in the middle of CVS... I hope this doesn't set a tone for the summer. I'm still trying to work on staining furniture and declutter my house. I hope I eventually get "there" wherever "there" is.

5. OMG. Deadliest Catch. The episode Tuesday night was one of the most heart wrenching and best episodes ever. Hands down. Even though I know how this story is going to end, I'm still riveted. They have done such a good job. Capt Phil has been so full of life, to see him felled by a stroke... When it happened was bittersweet timing, too. Then, to see his sons react. Josh has stepped up to the plate from taking care of his dad to looking out for the Cornelia Marie. His conversation with Freddy, wow. Just wow. Jonathan Hillstrand rushing to the Harris's side. Then the fleet reacting to the news of the stroke. Seeing such rough and tumble men take in their own ways...swoosh. I cannot wait for Tuesday's episode. I know I'm going to cry, I know how this ends. Phil said his story needed an ending, that's why he let them film. I'm so humbled to be sharing in this story.

May the muses have good stories
Mechele

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rejections suck! You're an awesome author, that publisher must be out of their mind. :-)

Hopefully, you had a ton of fun in Savannah to make yourself feel a bit better.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home