Friday, July 29, 2005

We're going to have babies

No, not me personally. LOL heavens no. And not my puppy dog who gave me a dirty look at the mere thought.

A bird has made her nest in the elbow of our gutter drainspout. It's a nice place, protected by the roof. Mama Bird has been sitting in the nest about a week now so I assume she has eggs in there. With the heat, she's been standing up, still protecting the eggs but not sitting on them at times. I can't wait to see the little babies. I also hope to figure out what kind of bird she is.

Yes, the heat is gone for now. Over a 100 degrees several days in a row! I'm still amazed by that.

The girls finished swim lessons so next week I won't know what to do with myself, not HAVING to be at the YMCA every day. They both did really well.

I wrote 19 pages for my other author ego (the hero is very chatty, he could have written more) and 3 on the Viking so met my goals. I'm up to 111 pages in Conduit. The hero and heroine are throwing me some curves that I've had to go back and add things. The heroine has a fear of committment. Who knew? Early goal...up to 125 pages by early next week in Conduit.

May the muses have chocolate
Mechele

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

School starts back here on Aug 16th, the daughter is not looking forward to getting up early in the a.m. and all that again. But I have to admit, uniforms are wonderful!!!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Jaynie said...

ok, so now I want to know who your other author ego is. Do I know her? *g*

6:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Her name is Rosanna Anna Danna, she's got green hair and studs in her nose and other areas we do NOT wish to know about. She wears platform heels (the wood ones) and hot pants. *blinks*
Oh, sorry, that's mine *tucks the insanity back away and gets to work*

10:05 AM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

*Gasp* at Jenn! :-) But, I'm telling you the cookie queen has a naughty streak! *Whisper* I know.

Mechele keep up the great work! I'm proud girlie!

:-) Mel

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

School starts back here Aug. 11. I started back yesterday.

Good luck on your goals! May they have godiva chocolate :)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Wow, we don't start back school here until after Labor Day. It's actually mandated by the state and to start back earlier, the county or city has to get a variance. I wish they did start back earlier. They didn't get out until late in June this year!

We don't have uniforms here. I bet they are easier to deal with. The oldest takes forever picking out her outfit.

My other author ego is 1/2 of Melany Logen (www.melanylogen.com). I cowrite her, and she's not pubbed YET so you probably don't know her. *crosses fingers* We have submitted a full to EC and queried Berkley so I have high hopes maybe she will be published soon! *crosses toes too*

LOL Jenn I like that identity. I shall have to remember it. For you, I think she'd have purple hair.

LOL like you don't have that same naughty streak Melissa.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"May your muse have chocolate" .... love that!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Angela's Designs said...

I had a pair of house finches trying to make a next on my window sill by my computer. I had the window open and they looked at me when I typed as if to say... what are you? I moved the sunblind though because it flapped in the wind too much and their nest wouldn't have survived. They were visibly upset their nest was gone. Frantic looking. Poor things.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home