Monday, August 08, 2005

Robin Red Breast

The Mommy bird is a robin!

I felt silly for not recognizing her, but sitting in the nest in the shadows, hid her markings. I finally got a good enough look at her to know. She flew off the nest as we got home Saturday.

The babies are getting bigger and stick their heads up, mouths wide open frequently. We had a bad storm Saturday, and we all kept checking to make sure the nest was still there.

A neat link with a hummingbird's nest: http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/ They are so tiny!

I had a character leading moment. I hit a slow point in Conduit the other day. And was worried I was losing momentum. No, I hadn't. But I was trying to control a scene. *gasps* A sex scene. Once I let the characters tell me what they wanted, the scene flowed like a charm. I'm up to 160 pages.

May the muses have gummy worms
Mechele

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hitting slow points is my middle name! LOL! Glad the characters took over and you got going! =D

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I enjoy hearing about your mommy bird. I love to watch birds. Our house is surrounded by trees, so I'm lucky there.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

YAY! I'm glad you listen to the characters! *Blushes* I need a brownie point! Oh mercy... what a wicked thought you caused!

*Cracking the whip* Almost there!
:-) Mels

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya can lead 'em so far, but ya gotta give yer people what they want, y'know!
I think that, once you've established the characters, they're quick to let you know when you're off-base.
Glad the work's going well!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Glad you are doing it Mechele!! *hugs* Still hating the synopsis, blah and oh yeah, blahhhh *barfs* We had birds this year on our front porch. However, being a bit neurotic, hubby freaked out and almost killed himself when the mama flew out of her nest. He screamed the words "Damn you Alfred Hitchcock! I know you are haunting me!!" Dunno why *shrugs* roflmao

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

160 pages is great!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home