Sunday, September 11, 2005

Soccer Mom

Yesterday, I got a dose of what my Saturdays are going to be like for the next two months. Busy, busy, busy. Both girls are playing soccer.

LOL I admit I'm looking forward to watching the four year olds play. Watching them practice was a hoot. Especially as mine kept laying on her ball. I guess she figured no one could take it if she laid on it. Interesting strategy.

The six year old's team seems to be getting a bit more serious. They said they were going to have strict bounds this year. LOL they tried that in the first game of last spring's soccer. In a minute, the ball had been out four times. So needless to say, the bounds got looser.

Monday night Loose Id is doing a Katrina Relief Red Cross Chatathon at Romance Junkies from 8-10 PM. Anyone who donates to the Red Cross during the chat and sends one of the moderators an email receipt will be eligible to win a door prize. Melissa Schroeder, Vivi Anna, Brenda Bryce, Tiffany Aaron, Camille Anthony, Jeanne Barrack, Cher Gorman, Lena Austin, Katriena Knights, Amelia Elias, Lucynda Storey, Lori-Lynne Browne, Allie McKnight (also Sage Grayson), Treva Harte, Jill Shearer, Lauren Dane and myself will be in attendance. The door prizes are numerous and wonderful, including a $10 Loose Id Gift certificate from moi. Come out and play with the Iddies *grins* if you can.

Here's the link: http://www.romancejunkies.com/chat.html

Once you enter the chat room - you will be in the lobby - click on the Rooms tab at the top, click on 'RJ Chat' and then click on change rooms.


I'm not going to comment on this but that I'm posting it, probably tells you how I feel.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/09/AR2005090901824.html

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/
http://www.jcwilder.com/
http://www.hsus.org/
www.noahswish.org


May the muses have soccer balls
Mechele

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

Hey Mechele, if you want your blog to go back to normal, you may want to try picking a new template, (or you can pick the same one if you like), just remember to cut and paste, and save all the stuff that you've added onto the side bar, then when you've got the new template, you can just paste them back.

I had this problem too, and I corrected it by doing the above.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thanks Karen! I tried and it didn't work. However deleting the post with the long link in it did. *sigh* I know you can do links differently. I really must learn how to do that.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew everything that was in that article--but reading it again still seriously pissed me off.
Thanks for helping make people aware, Mechele.
(And Snowball, btw, was found, & is supposed to be reunited with his kid--thanks to the media coverage, I might add).

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TWO in soccer! You're going to be busy. I only have one!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home