Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's a jungle out there

Or rather in here. Yesterday was "Bringing in the plants day." I have way too many plants for the three windows I can put plants at inside. I love them, but the hubby refers to "the jungle" whenever I bring them inside.

Didn't get much writing done yesterday *sigh*, but I did get my newsletter together. It comes out on Friday. There's an interview with Lyn Cash, an excerpt from Ally Blue, a link to my first review from a review site. *snoopy dances* Amazing how things like that make you all gooey inside. I just reached 100 members too. Was thrilled at that. The newsletter comes out once a month with just a few updates during the month. Check it out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mechele_armstrong/

I attended a synopsis workshop last Saturday with Mary Buckham. GREAT seminar. Learned a lot about writing the things. I used my current work in progress "Crimson's Rose" for the class writings. I also wrote about five pages of notes on it. I think in ways, I'm plotting it out before I write it, which is a first for me.

I did write about 7 pages Monday on it. "Crimson's Rose" is finally getting underway after a false start. I had a scene that UMMMMM went a little differently than I expected. It's kind of symbolic. We'll see what the critique partners think of it. Have you ever had an instance where a scene wrote itself but wasn't what you expected at all? And it's sort of odd?

Silvia Violet's Cup of Revelation released yesterday. It's a great read, I got an advance read. It's steamy and I read it all in one sitting. Wasn't my intention but I couldn't stop. Check it out: http://www.loose-id.com/detail.aspx?ID=220

May the muses have machetes (to hack through the jungle)
Mechele

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stella said...

I don't have a green thumb at all which is why I don't have any plants in doors. I feel guilty when I kill them. *sob*

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever had an instance where a scene wrote itself but wasn't what you expected at all? And it's sort of odd?

Yes.
And it insists on staying.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing GREAT on your newsletter membership! Took me forever to get 100, LOL.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home