Thursday, December 08, 2005

*tosses a snowball*

We still have snow!

We had such a good time Tuesday. Built a snow wall and a snowman. Had a lot of snowball fights. I took pictures that I hope to share with you soon.

Of course one reason people do get silly about snow here is that it doesn’t usually stick around that long. Normally within a day or so, we go up in the 50’s, and it’s bye-bye snow. It’s weird to drive along and see the snow covered yards and ditches. I wonder how long it will last.

On Monday, I was in Starbucks getting coffee when it just started to stick to the roads. A young woman behind the counter was talking to another employee. She didn’t know how to drive in snow, had never done it before. So he was giving her advice. This is probably another reason we here in the South get a little panicked when it does the white stuff. We don’t see it that often some winters.

LOL once my sister worked with a woman who moved here from Florida. It started snowing and she was worried because she’d never driven in it before. Their boss told her you can go as fast as you want…long as you never have to stop *blinks*.

May the muses have brakes
Tiffany

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Ah, fun! I use to live in the snow when I was little, now we live on the California coast with no snow. =D But its been so cold here lately, I don't think I could live in it again!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send some of that pretty white stuff to NE Tenn., girl!
Have fun :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

LOL...at the boss!

Mels

3:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Snow day here in MD today - your snow wishes must have helped! Thanks! Nothing is nicer than a day off with pay *g*

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mechele, how about I send you some of mine--all winter long? (sob!)

Hate driving in the stuff. But it is pretty. ;-)

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you at the VRW meeting! I was looking for you and asking WHERE IS TIFFANY???? I'm so sorry you couldn't go.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

I should add the kidlet is much better this morning, coughing much less.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Kelly, you know oddly enough I miss it the years we don't get much snow.

*sending Desiree and Raine some snow*

Yay for you Karen. Glad the snow wishes helped.

LOL my sister liked her boss. he was funny.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

hmmm it didn't post my first comment on the kidlet.

The youngest kidlet had been sick most of the week. She got worse Friday night and didn't want me to leave her Sat morning. And off to the doctor's we went to find out she had pneumonia. Not too bad a case, the breathing treatment helped a lot. She's a lot better this morning.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home