Monday, January 09, 2006

Goal setting

I'm taking a class on Defeating Self Defeating Behaviors and had to set some goals for the end of last week.

I was working on Crimson's Rose last night, it's going again. I'm up to 220 pages *blinks* as of tonight and still not quite at the end. My goal from Wednesday on had been 15 pages.

I realized last night, of my goals, it was my last one to reach. Now there are reasons, the main one being it was the largest of the goals. But I couldn't help thinking "It's writing! It should have been the first goal you reached. It should have been priority."

Maybe I didn't make it a priority among the other goals I had. I think from now, on when I set a weekly goal for writing, it will have parameters, i.e. saying this many pages by this day, this many by this day, this many in all.

I'm determed to have more productivity in 2006. Here's to my resolution.

May the muses have attainable goals
Mechele

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

Prefect! Attainable goals! I’m all for those! Congratulations on nearing the end of CR!

(HUGS)
Mels

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okies I know I am the queen of self defeating practices. An have started this year with the goal of treating my writing as a profession and not a hobbie.

I giggled a little when you said more producive 2006 I know what you mean but compared to me *blink* Take a deep breath and look at you have accomplished as RT time approaches again. You have one book out there and its become a series with the second already signed and the third almost finished. Not to mention Melany's success too.

Reoroganizing the order of your goals is good, but you're doing great too. Keep up the good work glad CR is moving again ((HUGS))

9:49 PM  
Blogger FeyRhi said...

Your doing awesome Michele!! Both on your own and with your co~writer! I get so excited for you every time I hear some more good news from you. Your going to have an awesome 2006 I know it!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thanks Melissa.

*grins at Mo* I have it in writing!! Ha ha. I'd love to see you write real life.

Thank you Mo and Rhi for reminding me I have had some great things happen in 2005. I mostly want to increase my writing output. LOL I need to, to keep up. But I'm not doing too badly either. big hugs to you both.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home