Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Progress

Near to where I live, about 15 years ago, it was a big joke to say "Downtown XX." Because except for Wal-mart, it was all farmland and woods.

Devlopment has come. There's now a huge mall, a big movie theater, and many many many strip malls. It now really is "Downtown XX."

There was one last farm, a holdout. It was neat to go shopping at Target and see cows grazing across the street.

No more.

I knew the farm had been sold. I read today they want to put a couple of 18 story buildings on the property.

*sigh*

From cows to concrete and glass.

I know things change, nothing ever stays the same. And I love being near "Stuff" don't get me wrong. I grew up in a place that is still pretty rural. But it's the next county over. It's changing and I anticipate, one day it will have its own "Downtown." It's just sometimes sad when they do.


Solstice Spell (hee hee)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
8,500 / 20,000
(42.5%)



May the muses have changes
Mechele

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Nice going on the progress meter and yeah, sometimes it seems that any square foot of woods or farmland is fair game for the developers. Both good and bad, I guess.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa Lopez said...

Bummer on the disappearing farmland. We suffer the same here…and we’re in the American heartland. 

Excellent news on SS!

Mels

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home