Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Time after time

I'm trying to write and am jumping back and forth on a couple of projects.

And the one I most need to start seems to be the hardest to get going.

Why? Fear and angst. Plain and simple.

The next vampire project is to be a prequel and the story of Henri and Nathan. Henri has pretty much insisted on it *blinks*. Now I've spent three books flirting with these two characters, getting to know them. I want to do them so much justice because I've lived with them a while now.

And there in lies the crux of the matter. Their romance will be a male/male romance. Which I've never written before. I started dabbling in it in fanfiction before I slowed down my writing there. But I never got to the sex or romance part. So this is a whole new ballgame. (Take that as you will...LOL I didn't intend any innuendo.)

Henri is losing patience with me. I think once I get into it, I'll be fine. But it's writing the first part, the jumping off the cliff into the unknown that's the hardest.

Oddly enough, as I was writing this, about to say I'm finally biting the bullet and starting it, someone sent me a link to Sherrilyn Kenyon's blog. Most of the time her characters do the entries, but this one is a version of a podcast about rejection: http://acheronp.livejournal.com/

I've had the definite pleasure of meeting Sherri a few times and listened to her podcasts, before so I do hear her voice reading this. It's about never giving up.

But what struck me is a phrase a friend gave her, "Digmus Sum, Digmus Sum. Perdigmus Sum. I’m worthy, I’m worthy. I’ve very worthy." The next sentence says to "Believe in yourself and in your worlds."

Believing that I can write a m/m romance, that I've researched enough, that I have the characters directing me, that's just the impetus to dig in. I can do it. I will do it. Digmus Sum, Digmus Sum. Perdigmus Sum.

May the muses have belief
Mechele




Dinah's Dark Desire

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
10,679 / 25,000
(42.7%)

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I really like that, Mechele - great words of inspiration and thanks for sharing them at a time when I needed that lift just a little bit. Good luck with the new book - you are so talented and I am certain you will do your characters justice.

8:42 PM  
Blogger FeyRhi said...

I believe in you Michele!! You have an wesome creative sense and imagination. I don't doubt for one second that you will do justice to Henri and Nathan.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thank you so much Karen and feyrhi. Sherri's words made me feel much better and so did both of you. hugs to both of you.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home