Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You've heard of bats in the belfrey

we have a squirrel in the attic. My DH cut down the tree near where said little rodent was going in. I somehow doubt that will stop him. We have repellent to put up there this weekend to try and keep him out too.

I only hope it's a him. I don't want more than one squirrel in my attic. Heck, I don't even want that one.

The DH did go into the attic. There's no food so he's not broken into any boxes. But squirrels apparently don't take it outside to go the bathroom. *sigh*

I told the kidlets about it. They are convinced he's going to come into the house. *shakes head* They keep hearing noises beside their bed.

May the muses not have squirrels
Mechele

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

For some odd reason, squirrels freak me out. I'm always afraid one of them will drop out of a tree, kamikaze style, and get in my hair the way I've heard bats do. Evil little suckers, they are.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{Mechele}}}.
That's tough--especially when you know they're just trying to survive, like we are.
I just wish they'd do it OUTSIDE!!

You have my sympathies. I just have a crawlspace, and I've had mice, chipmunks, one possum, and one raccoon.
And yes, I considered letting them HAVE the house. :-O

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Don't tell the kidlets, but it could come down to the house. One got in my aunt's walls and ended up chewing a hole into her kitchen behind the fridge. Yikes!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Karen, they don't really freak me out, but they are so destructive they've lost that "I'm cute" appeal.

((raine))) LOL yes, outside would be much nicer. You've had quite a menagerie in there. I hope the squirrel is the last inside visitor.

Yip Mary! I definitely won't tell them that LOL. They decided it was in the wall next to their bed one day but have lost interest in it.

Lauren, they really are.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home