Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The New Jersey conference

I woke up Friday morning to pouring rain. Those of you who remember my travels to last year's conference probably know what I was thinking. "Thank God, I'm not driving." (I drove in monsoons and got very lost last year.)

Plane ride was very uneventful and so was getting to the hotel. Got to ride through Newark over to the Sheraton in Iselin.

Walked in to immediately find Mel (of Melany Logen & Melissa Lopez & Marissa Alwin) and Mari (of Marissa Alwin), which was good as they were my roomies!

I went to several workshops. Of then, Bob Mayer's was probably my favorite. His was on plotting. He has a dry sense of humor, is a major plotter working with a pantser. He was rather inspiring.

Jenny Crusie and Bob Mayer were the keynote speakers at breakfast. Again, they were wonderful. Inspiring and funny.

LOL ever been tempted to use the hotel TV for internet? Be forewarned. It only works with the keyboard right in front of the TV. And scrolling down takes...a...long...time. I laughed a lot with Mel and Mari all weekend.

On Saturday, there was a booksigning that I attended with CD's of my books for sale and to be signed. I had so much fun! If you stopped by to say "Hi!" thank you so much. I was the happy author and had fun talking to anyone who stopped by.

See my name? It was all official. I got to sit behind the table!



Tomorrow I'll post on dinner Sat night and New York City.

May the muses have name cards
Mechele

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I have very good memories of past NJRW conferences and am sorry I didn't make this year. Sounds like you had a blast...

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on the pic, your table looked great. :D

4:24 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Awww sorry you didn't make it either Toni. We did really have a blast.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

D: Thanks Pools!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home