Monday, January 08, 2007

Impatience

I just finished, Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. Wow.

I have watched the show Dexter on Showtime religiously since the hubby said, "you have to see this show," and I read Darkly Dreaming Dexter not too long ago. The protagonist is a serial killer.

**I don't think I give anything away but just in case...spoiler warning**

It's not for the squeamish, the humor is mucho dark and there is gore. Lindsay's voice is sardonic and arrogant, suiting Dexter rather finely.

I've always had so much respect for authors who introduce you to people, make you interested in them, and hurt them/kill them off in some fashion. It's a really brave thing for an author to do. Stephen King is a whiz at it. And Lindsay does it, too. Very well. For a whole page in the first book, he even had me thinking it was one person who's had something happen to them, when really it was a whole other person.

Now, I have to wait for the show to start a new season with curiousity eating at me as to how closely it will follow the second book. And I have to wait for the third book *sigh*

Did I mention Robin Schone has a book coming out next month? The next Secrets of Droon releases in February, too. The 7 year old and I can't wait!

May the muses have patience
Mechele

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhh Febuary is a hot month! Lots of great releases coming *eg*

I can't wait for Robin's book! and am glad Droon is still a draw too!

you know i kinda like this impatience feeling. i know robin's has been too long dangnabbit! But i like the build of anticipation, waiting for the next book of a favorite series or author. Then finally getting the book, I love the rush *g*

HUGS and Happy New Year
Mari

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home