Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Young Adult and Childrens's books (or serieses) I loved by Mechele Armstrong


1. The Three Investigators series by Robert Arthur--mysteries and three boys of differing abilities
2. The Black Stallion and Island Stallion serieses by Walter Farley--beautiful horses, need I say more?
3. Lion Houng by Jim Kjelgaard--an abused dog, a boy, and a mountain lion. Actually petty much anything by Jim Kjelgaard, Big Red, Outlaw Red, Irish Red, etc.
4. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson--Pirates, arggggh. Jim Hawkins and Long John Silver.
5. I will make you disappear by Carol Beach York--spooky book about two girls meddling with witchcraft
6. The secret of Van Rink's Cellar by Beverly Haskell Lee--Historical set in the Revolutionary war time with spies and suspense
7. The House of Thirty cats by Mary Calhoun--An ederly woman with a heart of gold and too many cats, and the girl determined to save them and get rid of the "evil" cat.
8. My mother the witch by Rose Blue--is her mother a witch or a healer?
9. Scruffy by Jack Stonely--a stray dog's adventures
10. Just So stories by Rudyard Kipling--contains many stories and I think some with the Jungle book.
11. The grounding of Group 6 by Julian F. Thompson--definite young adult reading. But I remembered it so vividly I had to buy a used copy. It's a about a group of kids off to summer camp, only they are not supposed to come home.
12. Oh the Places you'll go by Dr. Seuss--"Kid, you'll move mountains." Great inspirational book, too.
13. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton--Love the Curtis brothers and the adventures with their gang. The movie sports a very young Patrick Swayze and Tom Cruise.

Edited to add three more. How could I forgotten...

14. Madeline L'Engle--The Wrinkle in Time series made me love paranormal forever. Meg is just an awesome girl and the romantic underpinnings...oh my.
15. Judy Blume--From Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing to Deenie to Are you there God it's me, Margaret? she dominated a lot of my reading.
16. Wild Violets by Phyllis Green--another of those books that made such an impression me, I might have to find it someday. Two girls of different social statuses work on a friendship.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


1. JC Wilder

2. Lauren Dane

3. Annie Dean

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I LOVED The Grounding of Group Six, Mechele. What a great book! Love this idea, too :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

I never thought I'd find anyone else who'd read it! How neat is that?

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home