Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Songs I can't live without --Mechele Armstrong


1. Pour some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard: Best. Song. Ever.

2. Most anything by Aerosmith: I could list the songs but this one band would take up most of the list. Steven Tyler. Joe Perry. They rock.

3. Desperado by the Eagles: The Eagles are superb. As an aside, does anyone remember the made for tv movies based on this song?

4. Do you Believe in Love by Huey Lewis and the News: My first concert *G*.

5. Heaven by Bryan Adams: Amazing how many lines I remember (*bonus* what soap opera used it for a couple?)

6. Dancin’ with Dreams by Phil Vassar: a piano man in a guitar town indeed.

7. Beer for your horses by Toby Keith & Willie Nelson: Rumor has it, once Nelson found out the title he definitely wanted in on the song.

8. Wolf Trap and Fireflies by Carbon Leaf: Hard to choose between that and their version of Big Strong Man

9. Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon; Awooooooooooo

10. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews: Poetry at work.

11. Both American Pie by Don McClean and the Saga begins by Weird Al Yankovic. My husband says once you go Al, you can’t go back. *sigh* I find myself mixing up lyrics now.

12. Lighting Crashes by Live: Gives me shivers everytime.

13. In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel: John Cusack with his radio booming. Would love the song anyway but keep seeing Cusack when I hear it.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


1. JC Wilder

2. Lauren Dane

3. Annie Dean



4. Night Whispers Authors


5. Anna J Evans

6. Shelly Munro

7. Loralei James

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god, that scene in Say Anything - it's the very best part of romance all distilled in like 45 seconds. It's a great song too.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Those all rock--hard. And yes, like Lauren, I LOVE that scene from Say Anything. I was in a goofy short film that spoofed it when I was in Hollywood. Hysterical, lol.

Anna

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will it make you jealous if I told you I heard Live sing Lightning Crashes...well, live at the Buffalo Chip Campground this summer? It was awesome.

And we must be on the same wavelength because my TT today is about my favorite current country songs :)

12:23 PM  
Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Oh yes-without a doubt In Your Eyes. That scene is amazing.
And of course I adore-AWOOOOOOOOO Werewolves of London! :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Lauren, isn't it though? That scene sticks with me and every time I hear the song, I see it in my head.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

*grins* I'm glad you like my choices Anna. And that's neat on the short that spoofed it! You'll have to share the name with me one day *G*.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Lorelei, OMG yes that would make me jealous. That song is just incredible. I can't imagine what Live would be like--er---live.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

R.G., Yep it is amazing. And who doesn't want to go Awwoooooooo Werewolves of London!

9:10 AM  
Blogger FD said...

I remember a series where Desperado was the theme song, I wonder if that's the same as the tv movies. I can't recall much of it, except there was a hunky actor in a cowboy role (the "desperado", duh). Selective memory, much? lol

8:34 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

LOL Paula. You know I don't remember a series. But there were some made for TV movies here "based" on the song. I liked them.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home