Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I want do to or am doing this summer --Mechele Armstrong


1. Go to Baltimore Aquarium. We haven't been since the little one was toddling. As much as they love animals, I know they will have a blast. And I love Inner Harbor!
2. Go to New Jersey to see Mari and take in a Broadway show. We are working on plans. I really really want to.
3. Go the library every week or biweekly. We did that last summer, and it was fun. The school has a list of summer reading. This year both will.
4. Read lots. The youngest is reading now. We have to keep that up so I'd like to take time each day and all of us read.
5. Go to the new library on opening day. Our usual library has closed and is being replaced by a huge one around the corner. When it opens in July, I am soooo there.
6. Go to the pool. We have a Y membership and spend lots of time at the Y pools. I love indoor pools because we don't have to worry about sunburn. As we are all fair skinned, well, that is a worry. But we do love going to outside pools, too. Two summers ago, we had the marathon of 6 weeks of four day a week swim lessons. LOL not doing that again.
7. Go to Busch Gardens or Kings Dominion. Two theme parks in very close proximity. Have to do one this summer
8. Have picnics. We love going to parks and a picnic is such fun.
9. Go to the Beach. Virginia Beach isn't too far away. We've talked about taking a day trip there.
10. Spend time with Grandma. Last summer we went out to see her and met her a few times at an outdoor pool. It was fun!
11. Go to the zoo. My hubby has never been, and I think he needs to. You can feed giraffes! What could be better?
12. Find fireworks for July 4th.
13. Survive my youngest's tonsillectomy. Her tonsils come out in August. I'm not looking forward to it.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





1. JC Wilder
2. Lauren Dane
3. Mary Winter
4. Tina Gerow
5. Carolan Ivey
6. Jennifer Dunne
7. TJ Michaels
8. Alexa Silver
9. Annie Dean
10. Night Whispers Authors
11. Anna J Evans
12. Shelly Munro
13. Loralei James

14. Ciar Cullen

23 Comments:

Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Hope you get all of them done! Sounds like they'd make for a fun summer. :)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Yes, sounds like a very fun summer.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I was just planning a few day trips!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Amelia June said...

Sounds like a very busy summer!

We do the summer reading program at the library every year--one of our favorite things to do :)

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer is great, isn't it?
I love outdoor pools :)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Wow, you live near a lot of fun stuff. Sounds like a great summer -- except for the tonsils. My son had his out a few years ago and he was much more miserable than I was expecting, poor guy. Good luck!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Oh, poor little one! I had my tonsils out when I was 5 and 1/2. I still remember vomiting into the kidney bean shaped bowl when I woke up. They told me I couldn't go see my mommy until I stopped, but i was so sick from the medicine I couldn't.

I think that's the first time I was ever royally pissed. I think I cussed at them...my parents were very loose-lipped when I was a toddler, lol.

sounds like a fun summer!

Anna j evans

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very action paced summer! I hope you can fit it all in.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Sounds awesome. Can I come over from NZ and trail along? I need to escape our winter.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

okay i hope they all get done as long as you write write write!, (sorry about the tonsils but no more sore throats!) but i am especially pulling for #2 *vbg* NJ and You Perfect together Come on up and play! *Gasp* and i can get DDD signed before Mels *g*

5:32 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

I wanna go to the aquarium, too! I think I'll add a bunch of your ideas to my list, too!

TJ

9:57 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Tempest, I hope I do too. I figure shoot big and that way, I have a shot at doing most of it.

LOL some things are a definite. Like the library and reading!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Ann, I hope so!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Ciar, gotta shoot big *G*.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Amelia, hopefully most of it will be fun. I love the summer reading programs. Usually we do the the one through the library and we also read from the school's reading lists.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Lorelei, we like them, too. A lot. We are so fair skinned we have to be very very careful. Indoor definitely has less to worry about LOL.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Awww Robin. I'm sorry to hear that on your son. I'm already not looking forward to that week :(

10:15 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Anna, that's funny that you cussed at them.

I had my tonsils out when I was eight or nine. I remember getting hysterical because I was thirsty and they wouldn't give me drink. Waking up from anaesthesia (spelled wrong) is never fun.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Lauren, I hope so too. I figure I'll aim high and see what sticks. I'll report back at the end LOL.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Shelley, come on over :). We'll take you to the zoo to feed the giraffes.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Mari, writing is a given! And I hope we can come up, too for a few days. *G*

10:18 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

TJ, steal away. I love aquariums. if there is one in a city I visit, I usually go.

LOL if we ever make to Disney, a rant that I'll save, one sticking point for me is that I want to go to Seaworld.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Carolan Ivey said...

My son got to go to Busch Gardens this spring with his marching band. They had a blast!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home