1. Big George—a shepherd mix who was vicious to other animals and people he didn’t know. He cornered a sheriff’s deputy on top of a car once. Yet I could ride him like a horse. My mother cried when he died, which she didn’t do often.
2. Little George—a collie we adopted as a puppy. Our only purebred. He wound up becoming a three legged dog after an incident with a trap.
3. Alexandra Tyler—a cat formerly Alexander Tyler until she got fat and had kittens. We called her Tyler.
4. Goofy—I wanted to name her Midnight because she was all black when she adopted us. *sigh* my dad called her goofy because she acted silly. She could jump straight up in the air. My brother followed her one day through the woods one day thinking she was tracking a deer. Until he heard “Moooooooo.”
5. Odie—we inherited Odie from my sister. She named him that because he reminded her of Garfield’s Odie. That should tell you something about this dog's brain power. He was a few fries shy. Sweet though. He liked to greet me by taking my hand in his mouth.
6. The bunnies—Flopsy, Mopsy, and Houdini. Odie found a nest of rabbits. They weren’t actually pets but we took care of them until a wild life rehabilitator could take them in.
7. Hoover—a huge goldfish with a gaping mouth.
8. The guppies—yes, I had little guppies who gave birth and had three babies. So neat. So the boyfriend (now my hubby) gave me a couple of fan tail guppies. Yes when they had babies, they had 20!
9. Fric and Frac—gerbils. I adopted them really because I wanted a dog LOL and the hubby didn’t want one. They were fun. Except gerbils bite. And when they get big, it hurts.
10. The cherry barbs—the male turns a fiery shade of red when he’s ahhhh in the mood *G*.
11. Sheba—my first baby. Had her for 13 years, the longest of any pet. She loved belly rubs, chewing, and catching moles. Hated all other animals with a passion but absolutely loved people.
12. Arwen—Diva kitty. I’d never had an inside cat before. She’s teaching us very well. We've had her almost a year.
13. Zoey—the mutt we adopted in February. The nervous mutt. She loves the girls of the house, except Diva kitty. She’s not too sure about boys, joggers, sprinklers, loud noises, other people…
Edited to add: Zoey and Arwen are the only ones with us currently. We do have a ocuple of fish that the girls picked out, too.
Coming soon (I hope one day): turtles, a greyhound, a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, a siamese cat
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants