Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I love about the beach--Mechele Armstrong


1. The sight of the ocean. Jack Colton from Romancing the Stone had it right when he said, “But I couldn't get over that ocean, you know.” That’s been me. It’s endless.
2. Dolphins. I love to watch them surf the waves and play
3. Even when it’s hot, the ocean breezes keep it cool.
4. The sound of the ocean. It’s hypnotic.
5. The feel of the ocean. After you’ve been in it, you go to sleep at night rocking.
6. Sand. Yeah, it can be irksome in places, but building sand castles and digging is fun.
7. Shells. I collect them.
8. The sky. So flat, it goes on forever just like the ocean.
9. Beachcombing. Love to walk and look for ocean junk
10. Birds. I enjoy watching the herons and seagulls ride the winds. And the little birds who run along catching crabs.
11. The laziness. Nothing you have to do or have to be. *sigh* You don’t feel like you “have” to do anything.
12. Sunsets and sunrises. They are particularly picturesque reflected on the water.
13. Seafood. I have to be in the mood. But it’s always fresh!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home