2. Go to New Jersey to see Mari and take in a Broadway show. We are working on plans. I really really want to. I had the best time! So did the kids. We saw Night at the Museum recently and were talking about the Museum of Natural History. The kids wanted to go see Mari again LOL. (hugs) and thinking of you, Mari.
3. Go the library every week or biweekly. We did that last summer, and it was fun. The school has a list of summer reading. This year both will. We did that! Going again today in fact.
4. Read lots. The youngest is reading now. We have to keep that up so I'd like to take time each day and all of us read. We did that! The girls read over 25 books this summer. The little one is really getting the hang of sounding out words. I managed to read three or four books myself.
5. Go to the new library on opening day. Our usual library has closed and is being replaced by a huge one around the corner. When it opens in July, I am soooo there. I love our new library location. It’s open and nice with tons of books. They have a drive through window to pick up held books from. And their book return scans the books you return.
6. Go to the pool. We have a Y membership and spend lots of time at the Y pools. I love indoor pools because we don't have to worry about sunburn. As we are all fair skinned, well, that is a worry. But we do love going to outside pools, too. Two summers ago, we had the marathon of 6 weeks of four day a week swim lessons. LOL not doing that again. We did manage to go to the pool quite often. Unfortunately the youngest is displaying signs that she’s allergic to chlorine. L As much as she loves to swim, it’s sad because after a bad episode she doesn’t want to go to pool. I’ll take any suggestions anyone has. I found out one sister had a very similar thing happen and she doesn’t swim any more.
7. Go to Busch Gardens or Kings Dominion. Two theme parks in very close proximity. Have to do one this summer. Didn’t make it. Maybe next summer.
8. Have picnics. We love going to parks and a picnic is such fun. We did a few picnics. Had a lot of fun packing lunches.
9. Go to the Beach. Virginia Beach isn't too far away. We've talked about taking a day trip there. We did make it to the beach. I think Nagshead is going to be our beach of choice though from now on. The hubby and I are just biased LOL. We honeymooned in Nagshead.
10. Spend time with Grandma. Last summer we went out to see her and met her a few times at an outdoor pool. It was fun! Yep we spent quite a bit of time at Grandma’s house. She now has a new kitten so that’s an even bigger draw (and going there was quite an even to start with).
11. Go to the zoo. My hubby has never been, and I think he needs to. You can feed giraffes! What could be better? This is the thing I’m most disappointed about! We haven’t made it to the zoo. *sigh* I love the zoo.
12. Find fireworks for July 4th. Yes, we did find fireworks. The girls thought they were cool.
13. Survive my youngest's tonsillectomy. Her tonsils come out in August. I'm not looking forward to it. We are surviving. The youngest is tired of hurting, tired of being told she can’t do something and we’re all a little stir crazy from spending so much time at the house and so much time together.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants