Writing is my part time job for now. And I could come up with more than 13 things I love about it.
1. It makes me happy. There was a time in my life where I didn’t write. I was miserable. For whatever reason, I have to write. Or I’d go insane.
2. It silences the voices in my head. Last night I couldn’t go to sleep. The characters of my current WIP wanted that next scene written.
3. I get to create new worlds. Whatever world I envision, I can create the rules for and decide how they work. I created the Settler’s Mine universe. It’s a thrilling feeling.
4. I get to meet new people and travel to places I wouldn’t otherwise. I’ve never been to some of the places I write about.
5. I get to shape character’s lives, live with them, grow with them. They become so close to me during my time in their story.
6. I’ve been lucky to have readers who like reading my work. They enjoy living in the worlds I’ve created. And very little in life feels better than that.
7. I get to see something through from beginning to end. Story arcs, gotta love them.
8. I write mainly romance so I get to see happily ever afters *G*.
9. I get to see a story shape up during the editing process. I love to edit and make more wonderful the words I saw in my head.
10. Playing with words. Use new ones daily and play with meanings.
11. Flexible hours. I want to write a midnight, I can. I want to write at 6 AM, I can. And it’s been nice to be with the kids this summer.
12. I don’t have to be perfect the first time. See Number 7. It’s giving myself permission to not write perfect that some days gets me working.
13. The author community is the bestest. I’ve made a lot of good friends. Melissa Lopez (aka Mel of Melany Logen and Rissa of Marissa Alwin), Mari of Marissa Alwin, Flesa Black, Kai Anderson, Jeanne Barrack, my webmistress. Truly too many people to name.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants