Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things that make Mechele happy
no matter how many times they happen
or she does them




1. Seeing my book on my publisher’s home page, Amazon, or book store shelf *squeee*

2. Seeing the “coming soon placeholder” for my book. *G* The Lovers is now up at Loose Id.

3. Staying up too late to read a really really good book. Tess Gerritsen and JK Rowling owe me some sleep!

4. My youngest’s giggles. She can make me laugh when she gets tickled. Since she was little, her laughter has always invoked something in me.

5. The purr of Diva kitty. I love the rumble. The knowledge that she’s happy (although a purr doesn’t always mean that she is).

6. Holding hands with my hubby. The instant our hands touch, it’s like magic.

7. Watching my oldest read. I was so excited when she learned to read and started chapter books. She reminds me of me in the intensity with which she devours books.

8. Finishing a book. Even though I know my work isn’t done, I love to get to the ending point.

9. Create a new world with which to write in. Each story has something unique about it when I start it, even those set in worlds I’ve started.

10. Rubbing a dog’s tummy and seeing them stare up with you with reverence.

11. Watching the ocean roll in and out. It’s mesmerizing.

12. Laying under the Christmas tree and watching the lights blink.

13. Finding a new author. I love to find someone new to read and always get so excited.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you too.

DH

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

:) I do the "rub the dog's tummy" thing when I need just a shot of unconditional love. She's (Angel) laying right next to me now.

10:25 AM  
Blogger N.J.Walters said...

Great post. Makes me smile just to read it!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you on feeling great about finishing a good book, or finishing a manuscript.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! They're are all very good things. :D

Happy TT!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Hey, I can get behind quite a few of those! Especially hearing the youngest laughing -- my 6yo has the best laugh I've ever heard.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Red Garnier said...

I hear you, Mechele! I'm with you on all these, especially number 1?? =)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home