Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things Mechele loves about her new
furniture and office space

(We bought several pieces of furniture over the weekend and I have been rearranging ever since)

1. I polyed it myself. So, it is very satisfying to know I did it.

2. Was less expensive than other furniture. It already is and it was on sale!

3. Will last a long time. We have tables that we bought not long after we got married along with a bed. One table I have not been kind to and it's very durable.

4. Not falling apart. The old desk I haven't used in a long time is falling apart. So was my hubby's chest of drawers. Course the chest was older than our marriage LOL.

5. My hubby likes it. He never cared for my college bedroom furniture.

6. The pieces are HUGE. I feel like I have tons of space to put things, both in my dresser and in my desk.

7. It puts my stuff out of the bat cave LOL. The room I was supposed to work in was too dark for me. That was why I ended up at the kitchen table for a lot.

8. It's forcing me to go through things and continue the decluttering I started back in the summer. Just don't let the kids see me giving ANYTHING away.

9. The cat loves change LOL. She's been utterly fascinated by what we are doing.

10. It's a recommittment to my writing. Am I any more a writer than I was last week? No. But I feel like setting up an office is a seriousness I didn't have before.

11. Not going between three rooms when I have to mail things out will hopefully cut down on the time suck. I'm trying to organize things so I can get to things quickly.

12. I'm going to have pictures above my desk *squee*. I'm thinking my print of New York City and my signed Sherrilyn Kenyon poster. I hung a black and white print from New Orleans last night above my dresser.

13. I'm going to move my favorite plant in the room with me. I have a nice view right near a window.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 Comments:

Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Our cats fear and loathe change. You're lucky yours is more adaptable.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My husband and I fight about furniture. I swear, the man would live with bean bag chairs.

Glad you ended up with stuff you love :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

I recently set up an office for myself too. It is in the former nursery...then "dump" room. I still have storage things in here, but hey, the desk and door is just what I wanted. It's my space!

Mari
http://blog.mariannelacroix.com

11:59 AM  
Blogger Kelly McCrady said...

Isn't organizing fun? Feels as exciting as new school supplies; as anticipatory as an empty spiral notebook.

I recently filed my "to be filed" pile -- three month's worth of paper. Aaaargh! But now it's done...what to procrastinate with next...

1:05 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Happy to hear you're enjoying your new office furniture. May it be the source of lots of inspiration! :)

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new office. You'll be writing up a storm soon!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

May you write many lovely stories in your new space!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so need new office stuff. A good chair would be nice...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home