2. I can make up my own rules *G*. I write the world my characters play in. I love the control.
3. Good friends are only a thought away.
4. I don’t have to leave my house to do my job.
5. I don’t have to get it right the first time. I get a few passes to fix what’s broken.
6. I get to use words as my building blocks. I love them. Like to find new ones to use.
7. It’s a different job every day. Every character has their own nuances. Each story has its own vision.
8. Going along with 7, I never get bored. There’s always something else to create.
9. I love to tweak. I love to see my story come full circle to its full potential.
10. In writing romance, I get to write happily ever afters. It’s incredibly fulfilling.
11. The research rocks. I love going to new places, learning different things. I’m taking a class on Ireland right now. Thinking of taking a class on serial killers soon. You never know when something might pop up for a story.
12. Other authors are wonderful. Yes, I know all of them aren’t, but I’ve met soooo many wonderful people along the way. Melissa Lopez, Mari of Marissa Alwin, Flesa Black, Raine Weaver, Lyn Cash, Lauren Dane, Shara Lanel, Donna Dalton, Shelly Munro, JC Wilder, Sarah McCarthy, Angela Knight, Robin Schone, Sherrilyn Kenyon. And so many others. I’m sometimes in awe when I go to the bookstore and can point to a book and say “I know them online!”
13. It’s a wonderful creative outlet for a mind that’s busy. Instead of creating nightmares in my closet, I take up time making new words and new characters.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants