2. One wing in the Fire by Trent Tomlinson. It’s my Daddy to a tee. Been 10 years in June and very few days go by that I don’t think about him.
3. Christmas Shoes by Newsong. A story about a little boy and his dying mother at the holidays. They’d usually play it while I’d be in the car riders line. I’d either turn it or have tears streaming.
4. 18 Video Tapes by Jason Meadows. Dying father who makes a video legacy for his son.
5. The Old Rugged Cross My grandmother and mother loved that song.
6. The 23rd Psalm. My father could recite it from memory.
7. Daddy’s hands by Holly Dunn. Hmm I’m seeing a trend in these songs.
8. Friends by Michael W. Smith. Makes me think of friends who I haven’t kept up with and high school.
9. Love Me by Collin Raye. What a love story.
10. She’s in Love with the Boy by Trisha Yearwood. I dunno know why. But the last verse always makes me teary.
11. Kiki Kangaroo by Steve Weeks. Kiki reminds me so much of my youngest kidlet
12. Get Ready Get Set Don’t Go by Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus. Because I’m going to be there one day.
13. I will be here by Stephen Curtis Chapman. The hubby knows why :)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants