Monday, June 16, 2008

On the first day of Summer Vacation

The youngest kidlet got up at a little after 5. Why yes, that's earlier than we get up during the school year, where the last week, I had to drag them, prying their fingers, from the bed. The oldest got up at 6:30.

As I stayed up until after midnight last night working on edits...I think I'm going to need a nap LOL. We have first line edits on Law's Deliverance. Whoo hooo. I also realized I'm probably going to get edits on Bitter Love soon. I have the preliminary copy of Bitter Love's cover *grins* that I'll share when I can.

All good things must come to an end. I was eliminated in the TRS Divas contest. I'm disappointed because it was a LOT of fun. Congrats to the contestants still competing. Voting on Round 5 opens today.

Not sure if I posted this or not but the last time Diva Kitty went to the vet for clipping her nails, they suggested sedation. Yes, Diva Kitty wants what she wants when she wants it and woe to you who tries to do what she doesn't want. They gave me sedation medicine and said we could try it ourselves if we wanted. (ETA: though the sedation medicine might have done us some good, I meant we could try trimming the cat's nails ourselves. LOL and thanks to Treva Harte who caught that and cracked me up with her reply.)

Next time, I'm waiting two hours. I wasn't sure when the medicine would kick in. We tried too early and got hissy, spitty kitty. Did manage to get her nails trimmed. But after a couple of hours, she was pretty much drunk LOL. Couldn't walk a straight line. And kept following me around.

I'm off to work on edits and nurse my poor sunburned back.

May the muses have editors
Mechele

2 Comments:

Blogger FeyRhi said...

Ouch Mechele! **handing you a bottle of aloe vera**

We still have 2 weeks before the kidlets are out of school and I am not looking forward to it. Although I won't miss making lunches every morning LOL.

Can't wait to see your new cover. Good luck with the edits.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thank you for the aloe. *slathers it on*

I don't enjoy making lunches for them either for some odd reason. It's a mixed thing them being out of school. Its nice to spend time with them but I also have to get stuff done. Hard when "She's touching me" becomes the comment of the day.

Edits are still being worked on. and I'm waiting on the final cover *G*.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home