Sunday, August 03, 2008

Last week's recap

My oh my what a busy week.

I wrote 7500 K on DR. I'm over 75 K and really nearing the end. I'm not going back and fleshing out, just getting the basic story on paper. I'm happy that I'm nearing 80 K. I had worried I wouldn't be able to write long enough. I don't think that's going to be a problem *Grins*.

My cowritten author ego had a release, Law's Deliverance, from Loose Id! We're so excited.

I blogged at Georgia's Crossroads Cafe on rejection. Timely as I really hope to submit DR to agents this fall.

We survived a week without the best friends. I wasn't sure we could do it...

They also survived 4 days of swim lessons. We have four more days this week.

We are ready for school to start. All supplies have been purchased, save one thing. Things are labeled and in backpacks. I feel so accomplished *grins*.

We went to hear an author speak on her book about monarch butterflies. Got to see several caterpillars.

Went to Busch Gardens and had an awesome time. The youngest rode her second roller coaster, my personal favorite, The Loch Ness Monster.

I went to a seminar on Anti-heroes. Learned I kind of like anti-heroes, i.e. like Mal from Firefly and Riddick from Pitch Black.

Got an awesome new idea for a story. But must finish DR. Must finish DR. *sigh* but I love the idea. LOL.

May the muses have new ideas
Mechele

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Dontcha love summertime? :)

I like my dark heroes, the anti-heroes, the Riddicks of the world.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home