Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Rant

A post you will only see here. *Major spoilers for Robin Hood on BBC America behind the cut. Highlight and read if you want to know.* Last year, I discovered Robin Hood on BBC America. It was a great little series, that while not exactly being true to the era, had its moments. Jonas Armstrong rocked as Robin Hood and he had great chemistry with his band and also with Lady Marian.

This season, the show has had its moments but wasn't as good as the first season. But I stuck with watching it, enjoying its good episodes.

Last night, we watched the last three episodes from the 2nd season. And they were really really good. Eleanor of Acquitane was wonderful. The action was well done.

Until the last 15 minutes of the season finale.

They killed Lady Marian. I repeat, they killed Lady Marian. I'm stillllllll soooooo pissed. I almost tossed things at the TV. Once I realized there was no bringing her back, I wanted to chop up my season 1 dvd into pieces.

They drew me into her relationship with Robin Hood and the chemistry. And then they stabbed me in the heart.

I realize not all legends of Robin Hood have Marian nor do they have an HEA. I researched that this morning. But most of the ones I know of had Robin marrying Lady (or Maid) Marian. I definitely didn't expect her to DIE.

*sigh*

Mechele, who's still feeling betrayed

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

At least he can use this quote from Robin Hood: Men in Tights

"Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107977/

DH

9:20 PM  
Blogger FeyRhi said...

I couldn't agree more! I am in complete denial when it comes to anything other then an HEA with Robin and Marian.

Had I been in your shoes I would have felt the same sense of betrayal, especially to do it right at the very end like that.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your rant. I knew it was coming and have chosen not to watch the last episode. I too, want to give up my Season 1 DVDs and I'll never buy Season 2, even though for the most part (except the last show) it was much better than Season 1. I doubt very much if I'll even bother with Season 3 or anything else from the nitwits at Tiger Aspect, unless of course they pull a "Dallas" dream sequence plot line out of the hat . . .

6:49 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

LOL I'm snorting at you, DH. You knew that would make me laugh. But you also had to listen to me rant and rave after the season finale.... *kiss*

7:49 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Feyrhi, I swear it was horrible. I still can't believe they killed her. It was like 10 minutes from the end of the episode. They broke for a commercial and I said, "They better bring her back..." They didn't. I ranted for at least 30 minutes.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thanks for stopping by anonymous but I'm sad it was under these circumstances. I'm still mad as can be. The whole last 15 minutes makes no sense. Will Scarlett (along with Jack(spelled wrong)) staying in the Holy Land?

I understand the actress wanted to leave but there are a MILLION other ways they could have handled it.

I know I'm not watching the 3rd season. And the DH found an article that showed a lot agree with me on this rant.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mechele don't give up on RH for Series 3. I know how you are feeling about the ending of Series 2. It was just awful. Really got me in the heart too. I have been able to watch it since it aired in the UK at the end of Decmember. I couldn't even watch it on BBCA when it aired again.

However, I do love Jonas Armstrong. I have to watch mostly because of him, but what the reports are saying I have to watch to see how it will end with him.

Take your time to grieve right now, but when it comes back to BBCA in 2009, give it another chance please.

Bebet
Armstrong Angel

12:37 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Bebet, thanks for stopping by. Much as I like Jonas Armstrong, he really did make Robin Hood come alive, I'm not sure I can come back. :(. We'll see.

I have decided not to chop my first season DVD up. LOL I may just pretend that the second season never happened and live in the dreamy goodness of the first season.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home