Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 things on my summer wish list by Mechele--How I did by Mechele

Edited to make it stand out more and one time confusion


1. Write. I have to finish Dark Raiders and start the next Settler’s Mine. I’m behind *sigh* due to the cold. Dark Raiders is done and the next Settler's Mine is started. I'm about 5K into it.

2. Go to the library at least biweekly. My oldest loves to read and is reading several serieses. I’m hoping in the next year, my youngest will make the leap to chapter books. She’s going to be reading to me and picking her own books. We spent a lot of time at the library. They both read over 50 books this summer. They both really enjoyed picking out their own books, too. The youngest is bordering on chapter books but still not quite there yet.

3. Spend time with grandma. I’m hoping we see lots of her this summer. Not as much time as we would have liked but did go see her a few times. Grandma is very busy herself LOL.

4. Go to Busch Gardens several times. The kids love it, and it’s pretty much going to be our vacation this year. Ha! We did this. Went about four times.

5. Spend lots of time at the pool. Let’s see, gymnastics practice is 12:30 to 2:30 two days a week. Why yes, that’s the hottest part of the day. LOL I see pool visits on those two days and I’m thinking at least one more during the week. The youngest has also said, “You know I could practice in my bathing suit instead of a leo…” We did the pool some but not as much as I thought we would. Especially after gymnastics.

6. Spend time with my sisters. I went to Tennessee with them and had a ball even in the short time we were there. Arggh. Not as much as I would have liked. :(. Did some time with them but definitely wished for more.

7. Go to the Richmond Zoo. We didn’t last summer  so I definitely want to try this summer. You can feed the giraffes! Nope, not yet. Between Busch Gardens and unanticipated trip to the beach we took, haven't made it there yet.

8. Go to Maymont. We love walking around and looking at the animals. See reason above. It just hasn't worked out.

9. Write. Did I mention this one already? Did this one!

10. Find fireworks on the 4th. We did last year, which was fun. We did find fireworks on the 4th! Lovely ones.

11. Have picnics. We have a great park system. All the more reason to do picnics. Ah yes, we did this one a few times. *G*

12. Survive the critter camp the girls are doing at the local SPCA without adopting a new pet LOL. Hmmm maybe, maybe not... We'll see...

13. Eat lots of watermelon. Yes, we went through a few watermelons.

Things we did that I didn't anticipate.

14. Got closer to our best friends here. Which I didn't think was possible. Every time I turned around, they were trying to get in playdates, visits, seeing them. We had sleepovers about 2-3 weeks.

15. Went to Lewis Ginter Botannical Gardens. And the girls LOVED it. It was their prize for over reaching their goal of 30 books and reaching 50. They liked the plants as well as the children's stuff. So much so that we joined it so we can go back next summer and maybe visit during the fall.

16. Swim lessons. I made the mistake of asking them...of course they wanted to do them. Until we actually did them. Every day, the oldest had a discussion with the teacher about why she doesn't like freestyle. Every day, the teacher said, "Well you just have to do it."

17. We're going to the beach. In summer. Defintely didn't anticipate this. I'm probably there as this posts and getting ready to come home. I have missed the Outer Banks SO SO SO much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

ooooh, now those are good ones, girl! I'm almost sorry to do this to you, but...

- you've been meme tagged. :) it's on my blog. sowwy.

looking forward, however, to reading what you post. :)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

LOL on the tag. I will get to it. Just got back from the beach *grins* so gotta get my being home legs on.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home