Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thursday Thirteen


13 Banned books or authors I own or have read by Mechele





1. Harry Potter by JK Rowling. I’ve read them all. So has my nine year old. I own all 7.


2. Judy Blume. I read quite a bit by her when I was younger. I know I loved Are you there God, it’s me, Margaret?, Then again maybe I won’t, Tiger Eye, Blubber and Deenie, all of which have made a challenged list. I own Deenie.

3. Stephen King. I have quite a King library. And have read just about all his books.

4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, I’ve read it. It tops most people’s favorite book list.

5. The Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park, we own quite a few of them. The youngest has really gotten into reading them. She things Junie is funny.

6. The Bluest Eye and Beloved by Toni Morrison read them

7. The Color Purple by Alice Walker Own it.

8. Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan read it. I loved Lois Duncan and read everything I could find.

9. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson Own it. I’ve never read it but the oldest has. Incidentally, she wrote Jacob have I loved which was a favorite growing up.

10. My Brother Sam is Dead by James Lincoln Collier. Own it. Most kids come away from a field trip with knickknacks. I came away from a trip to Williamsburg with a book LOL.

11. In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak Read it and what on earth? It’s a picture book *scratches head*

12. Summer of My German Solider by Bette Green. Own it. I loved that book. I had to buy a copy recently because I’d like my kids to read it one day.

13. One flew over the Cuckoo’s nest by Ken Kesey, own it. It’s a powerful book.

Bonuses that’s I’ve read : Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry by Mildred Taylor, A day no Pigs would die by Robert Newton Peck, Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck read it




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home