Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Five

1. I posted a week late but hey, I posted at Loose Ends on perception.

2. I finished proofing edits on Another Night, Another Dream. One step closer to publication. And I have a date! Can't share yet but we seem to be on track.

3. I picked up a book (Charley's Web) on a whim at the library by Joy Fielding. Really enjoyed it. Stayed up too late reading it one night. I've been on the move finding her backlist and they've all been good. She seems to write thrillers or suspense books. Some of the same themes but a different story each time. Her characters are some of the strongest I've seen.

So I wrote to her the other day. I've learned being an author myself, how much those notes do mean so I figure when I enjoy reading something, I better let the author know. I've had a few responses and some haven't replied at all, which is fine. I know authors are really busy.

However, Fielding replied in a half an hour. With a really nice note. Needless to say, she's moved to the top of my reading list. And her next book will probably be an autobuy for me.

4. Okay, I finally watched Torchwood: Children of Earth, which we had DVRed. I had seen a few post on livejournal about it. *taps fingers* hrmmmmm. I'm not sure how to feel. Some of the writing and acting was topnotch. But there were some MAJOR plot holes for me. And some things I REALLY didn't like. I can't help feeling they've destroyed the show with that miniseries. My hubby said he's seen some stories where John Barrowman wasn't happy with the direction it went in. I can understand that! I"m not sure how they will have a show when it comes back. And I really cannot imagine Torchwood without Jack Harkness. It just doesn't work for me. *sigh*

5. I haven't written anything in a month. *blinks* I was feeling braindead and little...out of sorts. So I decided to take a break, which I do think I needed. I'm feeling itchy about writing. I really enjoyed writing the last Blood Lines, which was very different than what I've done before (I think). I need to tackle something new soon. Don't want to lose my habit.

Mechele

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger FeyRhi said...

I haven't read a Joy Fielding book yet, but I have a couple co-workers that are nuts about them. The one I hear most talked about is "Puppet".

8:38 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Hey Feyrhi!

I have Puppet waiting at the library.

I just finished Lost by her today and it was intriguing. I'm also going to hit the bookstore. I know I want a copy of Charley's Web and Heartstopper. Maybe one day I can get them signed.

She's in your neck of the woods, sort of. She's in Canada. LOL I know big country but I think if I remember where you are, she's near you.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home