Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Six this week only

1. Waking up to a cat horking is not the most pleasant of sounds. So far we've had that, a storm last night knocked a mega limb down on the neighbor's shed so we've been helping with that, and the youngest cut her finger pretty badly. It's not even 9 AM yet. *blinks*
2. Drove up to DC for the Passionate Ink party Thursday night. Rode the Metro for the first time. I had an absolute blast. Saw Lauren Dane and got a hug. I sat with Skylar Kade, who is contracted with Samhain and Parker Publishing (whoo hooo) and Michal Scott, who was a double finalist in the Stroke of Midnight (came in 1st and third). Really nice conversation. Angela James spoke on digital publishing. Laura Bradford gave an industry update. It was a great party. I met and saw a lot of familiar and new faces.

And I came in third! I got to collect my certificate in person! I bounced LOL.

A full list of winners is here:

3. At the Passionate Ink Party I had an "OMG" reaction to who I was and "I love your books." LOL I didn't handle it well. I know I looked shocked, taken aback. I'm still sort of stunned to be on the other side of that. I've done that to several authors so I'm used to being on that side of that.

4. It was my first time on the Metro. I was clueless. And I have to give props to the Metro employees. They were nice and helpful and didn't make me feel like the idiot I was.

5. Yeah I'm a Deadliest Catch junkie. The episode this week where Jake had to leave the Northwestern and go home... How powerful. I found myself in tears.

6. Did you know Sponge Bob is turning 10? I know a lot of people like him but most days, I'm not a fan. LOL the kids are. They are excited that he's the same age as oldest. Well the oldest is excited. The youngest said, "Even Sponge Bob is older than me."

May the muses have exciting mornings
Mechele

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

kewl post, girl *grin*

I love the metro in DC - lol. Glad somebody else is a metro nerd like I am.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home