Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Six?

1. Yes, I know I missed yesterday. I've been dealing with snow bound kidlets and one sicko kidlet. Thursday, I had four hours in which to cram a week's worth of errands. I volunteered at the SPCA yesterday. I at least moved the laundry from the hallway back into the laundry room so I felt accomplished, though they still had a mountain when I left. They had some very cute and sweet dogs and cats.

2. When the youngest is walking around saying, "I can't wait for summer!" LOL you know you've gotten a lot of snow. Let's see: 12.5 inches in December, 13.5 inches, a wintry mix (1/4 inch), 8 inches, 4 inches, and a dusting last night. A storm is coming in Monday night that they think will leave behind "measurable snow." I know places north of us have had a lot more snow to deal with. Normally we just wait for it to melt so it's very surreal driving around and seeing snow covered ground. Yesterday, I did see some grass in my front yard and along my travels. I think those big snow piles in parking lot may be here until April...

3. Yes, I'm still bouncing over Another Dream, Another Reality. I really hope readers enjoy the revisiting as much as I did. Whoot!

4. I finished all 7 RITA entries. Now just have to score them. There's one, I really hope it finals.

5. I also read the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. It was pretty good. I want to see the movie and read book number 2. There were a few things I didn't like so we'll see what happens in number 2. The hilarious thing is that the oldest has decided she's not reading it, despite her intense interest in Greek/Roman Gods and myths. I think she's had Percy Jackson hyped to her as "the next Harry Potter" one too many times.

6. Yes, I am writing through this. Slowly. Of course I had to be at a sex scene with all this snow bound time. Writing a sex scene is so hard when the kids are home. *sigh* but I'm plugging away at it.

May the muses have heroes
Mechele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home